Offline mattyg

• Adelaide -

• Drives: Audi Q5
  • Name: Matt G

If there is a market out there, why not take advantage of it......    :p

That was the missus' little venture, the Tantric Sex workshops were a lot of fun I must say!!    :D

getting a "massage" on stage in front of randoms paying big $$...

my motto if it makes money, its illegitimate and not loose self respect or be known as "that dodgy guy" im fine with it...

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

That was the missus' little venture, the Tantric Sex workshops were a lot of fun I must say!!    :D

that was your venture  -  yes?

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

that was your venture  -  yes?

Adventure!!     :D :D

I can't believe how many people actually sign up for adult parties, and then spend a small fortune on "Toys" and enhancement products!!!   :boggled:

Offline E7ITE

Following on from MHHs comment about not wasting time to accumulate money generating assets:
If you were aiming for your 1st million, would it hypothetically would be be faster (better?) to get several smaller assets that can get you there or one "big" asset that makes you that 1st mill?

Im making good money in the industry that im in and recently got surprised when a lender told me how much the bank was willing to let me borrow.  Since then, ive been constantly looking for businesses or investment opportunities , but nothing seems to be good value here in Perth.  And by that, I mean so many opportunities are costly these days and the potential returns dont seem to be worth it.

Any thoughts from the succesful guys here would be very much appreciated :)

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Following on from MHHs comment about not wasting time to accumulate money generating assets:
If you were aiming for your 1st million, would it hypothetically would be be faster (better?) to get several smaller assets that can get you there or one "big" asset that makes you that 1st mill?

Im making good money in the industry that im in and recently got surprised when a lender told me how much the bank was willing to let me borrow.  Since then, ive been constantly looking for businesses or investment opportunities , but nothing seems to be good value here in Perth.  And by that, I mean so many opportunities are costly these days and the potential returns dont seem to be worth it.

Any thoughts from the succesful guys here would be very much appreciated :)

there's still some very good value in the sharemarket - banks especially.

With regards to property investment, if you are starting off small, taking baby steps is better to minimise your risk.  Smaller well maintained properties, easily rentable and easily disposed of if there is financial heat.

Saving to for your first investment to buy one large commercial property with one tenant could bring some financial concern should they vacate.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
there's still some very good value in the sharemarket - banks especially.

With regards to property investment, if you are starting off small, taking baby steps is better to minimise your risk.  Smaller well maintained properties, easily rentable and easily disposed of if there is financial heat.

Saving to for your first investment to buy one large commercial property with one tenant could bring some financial concern should they vacate.

The banks are all at or near 10 year highs  with PE's in the upper end of the norm. Europe is still a concern which might rock the boat again. Banks have been good; but not sure it will continue myself.

Don't roll the dice on one big investment starting out of the blocks as you say.

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
I have found the lease expensive properties to be the best returning.
Not always with the weekly rent but due to there being such a larger customer base that they rent out insome cases with no down time or very little.

Properties being vacant are what distroy your return

Also negotiate with your property manager to have a fixed rate for resigning existing tennants.
I find it an easy way to save a few dollars.
Most want 1.1 weeks
I pay $75

Offline mattyg

• Adelaide -

• Drives: Audi Q5
  • Name: Matt G
I have found the lease expensive properties to be the best returning.
Not always with the weekly rent but due to there being such a larger customer base that they rent out insome cases with no down time or very little.

Properties being vacant are what distroy your return

Also negotiate with your property manager to have a fixed rate for resigning existing tennants.
I find it an easy way to save a few dollars.
Most want 1.1 weeks
I pay $75

good article in BRW about Property management and the industry it is. Im currently studying this part time at REISA. Not to become an agent but to think like one and what they charge can be huge but i feel sorry for the staff members who get paid peanuts but deal with angry tenants/landlords and govt agencies.

If anyone is keen reading PM your emails and ill forward

Offline j15

The final hearing of a class action against the Commonwealth bank commenced by a class of mum and dad investors that lost out big time when Storm Financial collapsed begins on Monday.

Some of the loans that were approved (many of which were margin lends) are quite incredible.