Offline mattyg

• Adelaide -

• Drives: Audi Q5
  • Name: Matt G
you can make big $$$ even while employed, it's all in how you make your dollars work for you.  A chap I know retired from being employed as a timber salesman 8 years ago, never had his own business, but during his working years he invested wisely enough to now have a shopping centre farm and various other scattered properties -  there are many stories like these.

Self employment has it's ups and downs and you need to consider there are many self employed operators that just make a wage and some of them are even happy doing that.  The past 5 years has seen many businesses go under, some of these on the face of it seem large and successful.

good points & respect to the people growing them selves from being a "slave to the man" and aspire to either be one of these people or successful in my own empire what ever it is. Being self employed doesn't mean being rich for some people its about being happy with steady stream of income and a family life.
While others love the drive off succeeding and enjoy the riches along the way & i want to be one of these people. Working long weeks to be successful drives me not just the money/power. if that what drives you each to their own

i like your comment about seem large and successful then collapse owing 00's millions in some cases. I dont mind using debt or such to grow but use it wisely. not just to seem successful to the masses

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

LOL - eBay fees!!!  What a RIP OFF!!!!

My fees were around $6k to $7k a month, sometimes peaking at $10k. Their Fees suck!!!

And the biggest problem is the sort of people who shop on eBay!!!     :rolleyes:

Offline the360

1.6m debt does that register on this forum or is that pocket change

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes

I don't see where you are going or where you got that figure from.

More info as it depends on what the debt it for

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

I'll join you in pocket change  :?

Offline Fil-Ski

• Name: Scuderia

My fees were around $6k to $7k a month, sometimes peaking at $10k. Their Fees suck!!!

And the biggest problem is the sort of people who shop on eBay!!!     :rolleyes:

What the hell did you sell to rackup fees like that.

Offline mattyg

• Adelaide -

Ebay + paypal + shipping = rip off
i had to remove make an offer on my stores as it was taking up more time then anything. sell an item at $15 including shipping (6.60 cost me) and they would go can i have it for 5 bucks including shipping?... just got so frustrating i removed the feature

for the same money ive decided to launch my own site selling products (drop shipping to moving to hold limited stock in future) (i know its a mass market and electronics/consumer goods etc is priced with minimal margins etc but i need to start somewhere.)

Offline mattyg

• Adelaide -

I don't see where you are going or where you got that figure from.

More info as it depends on what the debt it for

More info as it depends on what the debt it for +1

if 1.6m to buy a car and house and you earn 50k a year... silly

1.6m on property/business/hookers earning you x% return and your not living on CC debit then ok

Offline the360

300k land
1.3m construction

personally i cant wait until i stop using the banks but thats me

Offline mattyg

• Adelaide -

What the hell did you sell to rackup fees like that.

3% of an item + pay pal costs. more for some products.

i sold a few LED tvs about a year ago and it cost me over $280 in ebay fees + paypal + shipping to be in the market end profit margin about 5 - 8% from memory

if you sell something on ebay add roughly 11% of total cost of product for fees and charges then add shipping as shipping included sells faster.