Offline JohnGuy

Hi all... been a long time stalker of this forum but this is my first post...
Just wondering how I would go about hiring out my Vantage as it doesn't get driven nearly enough...
I am in Queensland.
Would i need some sort of car hire license?
Any info on how the insurance would work would be a big help to?

Thanks,
JG

Offline TomE

Hi all... been a long time stalker of this forum but this is my first post...
Just wondering how I would go about hiring out my Vantage as it doesn't get driven nearly enough...
I am in Queensland.
Would i need some sort of car hire license?
Any info on how the insurance would work would be a big help to?

Thanks,
JG

Your first question should be "Do I want to let a stranger thrash my car?"

"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Probably similar situation for personal hire, probably best approach a company that already has a fleet and can add yours to it - I don't see there being a great $ benefit compared to the idea of your vehicle now being a hire car, but hey.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/11/17/3068895.htm

People who lend cars for weddings may face jail

A MP says a threat has been made to prosecute people who have lent their cars to family or friends for weddings.

Family First MP Robert Brokenshire says several of his constituents in Adelaide have received warning letters after their cars were photographed being used for weddings.

He said a letter from the Transport Department claimed anyone running transport passenger services without accreditation can face penalties of up to four years' jail or a $15,000 fine.

The owner of a vintage car said he was shocked to get a letter threatening to prosecute him for lending it to a family friend for a wedding.

Kevin May says he had been warned of the risk of jail or a fine for lending his 1969 XW GT Falcon to a bridal party.

He is demanding the warning be withdrawn immediately, saying it is an infringement of his human rights.

"I was quite upset about it at first - I thought it was a joke - and then when I studied the letter properly, you could see it had numbers on there and it was definitely an official letter and I thought 'God, blimey charlie, I was only trying to help someone out'," he said.

"I wasn't trying to get a fine - $15,000 is a lot of money."

Mr Brokenshire said the SA Government had gone mad.

"It's one thing to be out there catching rogues ... that are impersonating accredited hire car companies but when a family friend lends the Subaru or the Ford Falcon to a friend for a wedding and they receive a demanding prosecution letter, it's absolutely outrageous," he said.

"Are the Government so tight with financial management at the moment that they're hitting innocent people with significant fines?

"I mean this is absolutely wrong. A person should be able to lend their car legitimately to a friend for a wedding without intimidation or fear of a fine or prosecution."

Transport Department manager for passenger transport, Bill Gonis, said the letters were only to inform people what was legally allowed.

"It's a letter of warning and advising them if they want to speak to someone at the office we are more than happy to help them with any inquiry they may have," he said.

"If they're simply just providing that service for a friend of theirs that's fine, that's the end of that. Again I just have to make that clear that we're not prosecuting people who are simply driving their friends around.

"This is just really about ensuring public safety if some of these vehicles are going out, [ensuring] that some of these vehicles are roadworthy."

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Im thinking you worded this not quite honestly. If you were just worried about it not getting driven enough you'd just have some friends drive it regularly. If youre looking to hire it out to try and make some money on it talk to the dream rentals dude on here with the TVR and see if he is interested in hiring it out with his cars.

If you want to do it yourself talk to James that advertises his insurance company on here, he is probably the only guy in Australia that will get you insurance on the car. You may find that they wont cover just one car for hire.

Offline JohnGuy

Offline Justine

Your first question should be "Do I want to let a stranger thrash my car?"

Hi
I am getting married next month and would like to surprise my partner with this car to pick him up and take him to the church. the distance is only 12k. We live in Brisbane. I was wondering if we could hire your car, the Aston Martin, and how much would that be?
Justine

Offline Justine

Hi
I am getting married next month and would like to surprise my partner with this car to pick him up and take him to the church. the distance is only 12k. We live in Brisbane. I was wondering if we could hire your car, the Aston Martin, and how much would that be?
Justine

Offline Paulstar

Hi
Justine

www.drivemycarrentals.com.au

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
www.drivemycarrentals.com.au

Is that stuff actually working? So many iterations.

I still get people emailing me asking to rent my Aston/Ferrari/Lambo all the time... :?

Offline Paulstar

Is that stuff actually working? So many iterations.

I still get people emailing me asking to rent my Aston/Ferrari/Lambo all the time... :?

I've not used it but yes, they're working  :)