Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline blackr35

I have a Lambo for sale - pretty cheap - $150k should do it - then $50k for maintenance and advertising!

Offline TEZZA

• Those Frenchies seek him everywhere

• Drives: No matter what it is I am still lusting after something better.

Guys be realistic.

Annual Maintenance would be

F40   $3,500
F430  A bit more maybe $3,950.  The Flux Capacitor chips need replacing more often.

And whay not a 355. They are really cheap to own ... no more than two thou a year.

Maybe less if you are careful!

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
Give us some details so we can see if youre believable. How old are you, is there a group of you looking to get into this, what area are you looking at setting up? We see this kind of question often on this forum and thats why the regular forum members find it hard to take you seriously.

If youre serious, forget real exotics, get yourself a bunch of good used convertibles like the ones I listed before and have it ready for next summer. Its unlikely you will get insurance for under 25s so starting at 25 as your driver range is a given.
Use the business to make money and buy yourself a Ferrari. If youre hiring out Ferraris you'll only make yourself feel depressed as you see the cars deteriorate before your eyes. People dont hire exotic cars to cruise around, they hire them to thrash them. Expect your cars to turn up at track days and get hammered, no matter what your contracts say.

Watch videos like this on youtube and see if you still want to hire out Ferraris :)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IBcdQzb5-U" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IBcdQzb5-U</a>

Offline blackr35

Offline Walshy

Give us some details so we can see if youre believable. How old are you, is there a group of you looking to get into this, what area are you looking at setting up? We see this kind of question often on this forum and thats why the regular forum members find it hard to take you seriously

There are 2 of us (a couple) and we are both 36 (we wish we were on school holidays!) - we are looking to set up in Perth where we live, starting out as a small rental company. Don't laugh but we cant drive a beat up Mitsubishi Lancer 1999 Coupe but are aiming to change this asap! We are serious about doing this and have the funds. The forum is a good way for us to do some research from people who know their cars and we are hoping to get some of your knowledge.

If youre serious, forget real exotics, get yourself a bunch of good used convertibles like the ones I listed before and have it ready for next summer. Its unlikely you will get insurance for under 25s so starting at 25 as your driver range is a given.
Use the business to make money and buy yourself a Ferrari. If youre hiring out Ferraris you'll only make yourself feel depressed as you see the cars deteriorate before your eyes. People dont hire exotic cars to cruise around, they hire them to thrash them. Expect your cars to turn up at track days and get hammered, no matter what your contracts say.

Thanks for the video and info, we are looking at cars like you listed before, around the $80k mark, so perhaps a few of the below, but we need to narrow it down and choose 2-3 to start with.
Lotus
BMW Z4
Chevrolet Camaro
Hummer
Porsche Boxter

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

Lotus .. Toyota running gear so easy to maintain.

Z4 would be popular, I have no idea how reliable they are.

Boxsters have an excellent reputation for being reliable, able to take a beating and cheap to maintain.

I would own a yank car but I wouldnt hire one out. Too much hoon factor about them,

To me that and maybe an MX5 would be very reliable and popular. Plenty of people that are looking to buy one would love to hire one first.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

Another way to look at it would be to have 3 Boxsters.

There are plenty of excellent used Boxsters on the market at very good prices. They are super reliable. You will get to know the cars, you can work with one workshop.. If someone wants to hire cars for a wedding, having the same models looks better than 2 different cars...

Plenty of good reasons to go with just Boxsters and I'm not a great Boxster lover but they have massive appeal to people that would probably never buy them and they have a great reputation for being strong and reliable.

Offline Walshy

Another way to look at it would be to have 3 Boxsters.

There are plenty of excellent used Boxsters on the market at very good prices. They are super reliable. You will get to know the cars, you can work with one workshop.. If someone wants to hire cars for a wedding, having the same models looks better than 2 different cars...

Plenty of good reasons to go with just Boxsters and I'm not a great Boxster lover but they have massive appeal to people that would probably never buy them and they have a great reputation for being strong and reliable.

We are definitely thinking we should lock a Boxster in - just need to decide the others, I know what you mean re: weddings etc but the market we are going for is more for people that will probably just rent short term i.e. for the day for the experience/fun.

Offline Rickjames

I would go;
Lotus Exige with soft top $55 000
Mercedes SLK 55 AMG      $80000
Squeeze in a Nissan GTR  $100000
                                         $235 000

You can probably get this down to $200k by swapping the Exige for an Elise and getting an SLK for 60k.

All these cars are pretty exciting to drive IMO and attention grabbing.