Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
2. Does the owner (BATurb I think) know that you're using his car to promote your service?

Probably:

I would drive someone to a wedding or formal or drive someone around for a joy ride if they paid me the money, add me to the list, Adelaide, Ferrari Mondial QV

Offline j15

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/11/17/3068895.htm

People who lend cars for weddings may face jail

A MP says a threat has been made to prosecute people who have lent their cars to family or friends for weddings.

Family First MP Robert Brokenshire says several of his constituents in Adelaide have received warning letters after their cars were photographed being used for weddings.

He said a letter from the Transport Department claimed anyone running transport passenger services without accreditation can face penalties of up to four years' jail or a $15,000 fine.

The owner of a vintage car said he was shocked to get a letter threatening to prosecute him for lending it to a family friend for a wedding.

Kevin May says he had been warned of the risk of jail or a fine for lending his 1969 XW GT Falcon to a bridal party.

He is demanding the warning be withdrawn immediately, saying it is an infringement of his human rights.

"I was quite upset about it at first - I thought it was a joke - and then when I studied the letter properly, you could see it had numbers on there and it was definitely an official letter and I thought 'God, blimey charlie, I was only trying to help someone out'," he said.

"I wasn't trying to get a fine - $15,000 is a lot of money."

Mr Brokenshire said the SA Government had gone mad.

"It's one thing to be out there catching rogues ... that are impersonating accredited hire car companies but when a family friend lends the Subaru or the Ford Falcon to a friend for a wedding and they receive a demanding prosecution letter, it's absolutely outrageous," he said.

"Are the Government so tight with financial management at the moment that they're hitting innocent people with significant fines?

"I mean this is absolutely wrong. A person should be able to lend their car legitimately to a friend for a wedding without intimidation or fear of a fine or prosecution."

Transport Department manager for passenger transport, Bill Gonis, said the letters were only to inform people what was legally allowed.

"It's a letter of warning and advising them if they want to speak to someone at the office we are more than happy to help them with any inquiry they may have," he said.

"If they're simply just providing that service for a friend of theirs that's fine, that's the end of that. Again I just have to make that clear that we're not prosecuting people who are simply driving their friends around.

"This is just really about ensuring public safety if some of these vehicles are going out, [ensuring] that some of these vehicles are roadworthy."

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
I wonder how many exotics are on hire plates in SA.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Ensureing that some of these vehicles are roadworthy????

Isn't that why we have Registration and Compulsory Inspections?????
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
Ensureing that some of these vehicles are roadworthy????

Isn't that why we have Registration and Compulsory Inspections?????

We dont have compulsory inspections in SA

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
We dont have compulsory inspections in SA

hmmmm SA is in the stone age.

Back in the day you could tell a Victorian car or a NSW car because the Vic car would have at least 1 safety thing wrong with it, usually it was small things like blown light bulbs, but down in Vic I used to see rusty cars all the time as they didn't have pink slips like we did up here.

Vic has compulsory inspections now don't they?
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline blingbling81

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/11/17/3068895.htm
hi guys been away for a while but i have recently changed my site and rules because of department of transport our site is for renting cars for photoshoots,promotional tv comercials and movies and only those with a limo licence are able to rent out for formals and weddings unless it for pictures only. its a shame ive had to do this but it makes it legal and its starting to get busy ive had on average 3 enquirys a week but only renting 1 a week as i dont have cars in the areas people are asking for so i need more cars. i had 4000 hits last month and it is now at the top  in google search for maximum exposure so its going pretty well. id like to be the leading rental  website for movie cars so please If anyone wants to add there car please email me at blingbling81@hotmail.com thanks guys for your support!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Someone contacted me looking for a stretch Porsche Cayenne or BMW X5 in Sydney if anyone has any leads - for 7/5.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Someone contacted me looking for a stretch Porsche Cayenne or BMW X5 in Sydney if anyone has any leads - for 7/5.

WOW Limousines may have something, they are the ones that do the Hummers.

Most of the other companies just have the standard sort of Limos I think.