Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Not just that brah...

No idea of the validity of this article, but I'd read up on it if I were using my, mums ute. :?

Fixed. Article is valid but they have to prove that you were getting paid to do it.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Dude

Post some pictures of the Bride and the bridesmaids. There's always one guy out there who wouldn't mind giving up his Saturday afternoon for a looky-loo if the scenery is good.

True. Ive only seen 2 times where someone got a ride on this forum. One was someone that was dieing or something last year and the other was a junior supermodel that showed a photo that wanted a ride to the prom.

Offline dkabab

Fixed. Article is valid but they have to prove that you were getting paid to do it.

correct, pretty sure that was aimed at people doing it frequently without being registered.

its not illegal to drive someone to their wedding... but if you treat it like a business, then it crosses the line.

Offline dkabab

Ask him how that worked out for him ... using exotic cars for your wedding could be too risky. ;) Unless you have bright red hair, then youre immune.

phew.... :tilt:

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
correct, pretty sure that was aimed at people doing it frequently without being registered.

its not illegal to drive someone to their wedding... but if you treat it like a business, then it crosses the line.

How dare you make money of your own property...

Fuck this bullshit communists
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline dkabab

How dare you make money of your own property...

Fuck this bullshit communists

yes and no... it regulates the industry. they are effectively taxi drivers. their cars are inspected yearly for safety and compliance. they have to pay their way... makes sense to me.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

yes and no... it regulates the industry. they are effectively taxi drivers. their cars are inspected yearly for safety and compliance. they have to pay their way... makes sense to me.

no different than many other industries

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head

I know where you are coming from but is that really the case? In nsw we have compulsory yearly safety inspections.  I understand the lesser developed states let rust buckets drive around lol  ;)

You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline Paulstar

I know where you are coming from but is that really the case? In nsw we have compulsory yearly safety inspections.  I understand the lesser developed states let rust buckets drive around lol  ;)

In Phuket we paid a guy to drive us around, his car was new and his attitude was professional. He was a 'driver' because he'd bought that car and he was driving people around getting business through word of mouth - we had no incidents. Was it legal? I don't know, probably doesn't matter it's still a bit like the wild west out there - would it work here? probably no - car ownership here is much higher than there - if every man and his dog could get up in the morning head out and hustle for fares for the day it'd be mayhem.

Now if you're driving your mate that you just met online to his big day - well - surely insurance cannot pin you to the wall. If you're advertising the service openly... :thumbsdown: