Online mtarone

They just called me to advise they anticipate deliveries for Signature range around March/June 2014 and general production in mid/late 2014.

Also, pricing and options should be announced around end of the year / beginning of new year.

Mods, is time to setup a new section for electric cars / Tesla?  :scratchchin:

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

how long does it take to fully charge the batteries from empty and whats the range on a full charge?

Wonder how long before Adelaide gets charging stations.  I saw some in Germany.

Online mtarone

how long does it take to fully charge the batteries from empty and whats the range on a full charge?

Wonder how long before Adelaide gets charging stations.  I saw some in Germany.

Range is up to 300 Miles, of course this will vary depending on the package chosen, the driving style and the temperature.

See here: http://www.teslamotors.com/goelectric#charging

The charge time will depend on whether you install twin or single chargers and whether you are charging through a regular power outlet or a high power wall connector (which most owners will have at their home). I think a complete charge is around 4 hours with twin chargers, but much much less at those super charger stations in the US, which I believe are around 200 miles per hour recharge rate.

Most owners are just plugging it in each night, much like their phone and leaving in the morning with a complete charge, I suspect that's how I'll use it.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
I hope they do an upgrade on the interior soon. The quality looks cheap and nasty and those seats look very uncomfortable.
As a daily drive commuter that would turn me off.

Online mtarone

I hope they do an upgrade on the interior soon. The quality looks cheap and nasty and those seats look very uncomfortable.
As a daily drive commuter that would turn me off.

Whilst I agree the interior could be a bit better I did not find the seats uncomfortable. I'm used to BMW M interiors, and it did not feel like a bad place for me to be in for a few hours a day. Each to their own I guess. :)

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Whilst I agree the interior could be a bit better I did not find the seats uncomfortable. I'm used to BMW M interiors, and it did not feel like a bad place for me to be in for a few hours a day. Each to their own I guess. :)

My priorities in a daily commuter are comfort and interior quality and a great sound system. My work commute is a very boring 2hrs a day, mostly in heavy traffic. The driving experience beyond that is a bit secondary.
I currently drive an X5M as the daily driver. Standard interior quality was so poor I spent $12k on the full extended leather.

The Tesla S appeals as a DD replacement; but that interior would probably kill the idea for me.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
My priorities in a daily commuter are comfort and interior quality and a great sound system. My work commute is a very boring 2hrs a day, mostly in heavy traffic. The driving experience beyond that is a bit secondary.
I currently drive an X5M as the daily driver. Standard interior quality was so poor I spent $12k on the full extended leather.

The Tesla S appeals as a DD replacement; but that interior would probably kill the idea for me.

I dont get the electric car thing, what is the ultimate benefit
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline Joel

Reading on the forums there seems to be some charging issues for people who use the car a lot. Very similar to all things that are charge every day the range slowly dwindles down.

I think re-sale will be another thing that will throw people off. I understand you will be able to update it with firmware and things like that but if your just not happy with it are you going to be able to flip it easy enough.

I love the concept of the whole thing and will be very interested to see it once they are in Aus.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
Reading on the forums there seems to be some charging issues for people who use the car a lot. Very similar to all things that are charge every day the range slowly dwindles down.

I think re-sale will be another thing that will throw people off. I understand you will be able to update it with firmware and things like that but if your just not happy with it are you going to be able to flip it easy enough.

I love the concept of the whole thing and will be very interested to see it once they are in Aus.

I watched the vid, yes it has good points, except for the lousy seats and trim, send it to Tijuana and get a Mexican to properly do the trim.

Its the charge me up thing I dont get
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.