Offline trev0006

• Chief video spammer

• Drives: Miss Daisy
  • Name: Trevbot

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
ouch indeed!

This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline schmik325

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Anyone else here that cant stand Vicki? Part of it would be jealousy, another part is I vehemently hate hyphenated last names and thirdly I just dont like her.

Offline JBO

She has become increasingly annoying as the years have passed, no question.

I notice Jason Plato is absent from this series...anyone heard any news on this?

He's arrogant, but I liked his reviews.

This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline schmik325

Yeah that fat guy with the crazy hair is missing too.

I was cursing for the mini part to end and then that stupid Porsche Panamera section came up.

Top Gear S#its all over it.

Offline app

Seeing different reviews on the same exotics in all these car shows makes one wonder what circumstances are behind the major variations in reviews aside from the personal taste.

I.e. what cars they had been driving before this one, their expectations of it and making up their mind before they drive it etc.

For instance, if someone had just eaten at the "best" restaurant in the world and then gone to a "good" restaurant but not the best they would think it was crap. But if they had eaten at the good restaurant without going to the best restaurant before they would think it was great.

I sure as hell wouldn't sneeze at at an Aventador if someone offered me one. This old bloke sure gave it a very negative review. If an Aventador doesn't do it for him he's certainly got very high standards of a road exotic!

Offline JBO

Top Gear is a light entertainment program that happens to include cars. Jeremy annoys the living piss out of me. Richard is ok, James is awesome. But I'm over Top Gear. Maybe theres too much of it on TV...

Fifth Gear is more car focused - reviews and no stupid rigged challenges, no pointless staged arguments. It might not be as 'entertaining' as Top Gear, or as well produced, but I enjoy Fifth Gear more...with the following caveats:

Unfortunately Vicki, who can drive well, has become very irritating.

Tom Ford was amusing but he was unceremoniously dumped and is now writing for Top Gear Magazine, among others under syndication.

Johnnie can be amusing...he's not bad for a skinny pom.

However, Tiff and Jason are both GREAT drivers, passionate about cars, and I respect their opinions.

If Tiff didnt like the Aventador, so be it. If you have the means and still want one, go right ahead!

To be honest, it seems there are only two vehicles at the moment that ALL motoring journos and presenters agree are excellent - the 458 Italia and the Range Rover Evoque.

Wouldnt it be nice to open the Garage and have those two at your disposal...mhh is lucky enough to have 50% of that! ;-)

JJ