Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

. Although on the road, you can't use full power for more than a moment anyway so it's probably a moot point.

I understand this regarding road laws

but if other than that could you please expand further

Offline dkabab

Id be more interested to see these cars raced over a longer track, 58sec for a road car isnt a long track.

but that being said, if porsche and mclaren claim to be within 2 seconds of each other around nurburgring, then there really isnt anything in it to be honest.

i too am surprised the ferrari isnt quicker, but it probably explains their lack of interest in a 3way comparison.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I understand this regarding road laws

but if other than that could you please expand further

It's not just to keep within the speed limit but with so much power and torque available, you find yourself achieving the speed you want quickly without using full throttle. So the LaF owner is unlikely to care much if his car is a split second quicker around a particular racetrack than a P1. He'll probably be more interested in the responsiveness, road feel, sound and look of the car.

Offline dkabab

It's not just to keep within the speed limit but with so much power and torque available, you find yourself achieving the speed you want quickly without using full throttle. So the LaF owner is unlikely to care much if his car is a split second quicker around a particular racetrack than a P1. He'll probably be more interested in the responsiveness, road feel, sound and look of the car.

good point. the guy in the vid at the end mentioned that the ferrari was very sharp where the porsche felt lazy... i guess the ferrari would feel quicker on the road because of it.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Unless you have very tightly controlled conditions comparisons such as this don't mean much. All it would take is a set of tyres with a few more heat cycles in them to put a car 3/10ths behind where it could be. That is why Ferrari are such dicks about sending a full team of equipment and personnel out with their car on any track testing.
Interesting video; but take the results with a grain of salt.

Offline Fortis

• 300kph+ club

Not sure which one is faster or slower but that Ferrari is ugly as sin!  :?

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

Interesting video; but take the results with a grain of salt.

Also not sure the guy wants to crash these cars so who knows how hard he was going and how familiar he is with them

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Also not sure the guy wants to crash these cars so who knows how hard he was going and how familiar he is with them

A good professional race driver adapts very quickly to an unfamiliar car. In my observations over 30 years of passengering with them during driver  education courses, they have the cars characteristics worked out within a lap or so.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Spoiler alert:

The 918 wins the quarter mile drag at Santa Pod. A UK owner I know was asked to substitute his 918 for the wrecked car and they ran the event yesterday.

I've cancelled my order for the LaF. :p

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
Spoiler alert:

The 918 wins the quarter mile drag at Santa Pod. A UK owner I know was asked to substitute his 918 for the wrecked car and they ran the event yesterday. I've cancelled my order for the LaF. :p

Not too surprising with 4WD. Must be a huge amount of power than can't be used with RWD only....off the line, at least.

I hope the track isn't just made up of tight corners, otherwise the other two don't stand a chance beating that Porsche!

I love my car.