Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

How humble is the Rimac founder? What a legend.

And that laugh.   :)

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
That was very interesting to watch indeed. I have always said that electric cars, though insanely fast, are just not that exciting to drive. I think the key to unlocking the excitement factor is having a proper multi speed gearbox  :scratchchin:

Offline diabloinoz

• 300kph+ club

• Drives: Diablo 6.0
Wow really?  Awesome.  If I were someone with that sort of budget this would eclipse anything else in that realm to my taste for sure.   He has done a fantastic job for an unknown brand. Even the styling is great. Often these sort of concept/low volume cars look terrible like the gumpert or that Joss thing they tried to get off the ground here.

AGREED ... after the Diablo and Miura, that just looks insanely beautiful!!

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
You would have to be very brave indeed to drop a million bucks US on one of those IMHO.

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
You would have to be very brave indeed to drop a million bucks US on one of those IMHO.

Kind of like the first people who purchased a Zonda Or K'egg

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter

If you want it, you want it.
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline David B

I noted that range was never discussed ???  or recharge time ???

The real tech in E Cars is battery management...   Telsa are the first cars that can do what they do for years... yes range over time due to battery degredation drops off but they are the world leaders at managing the batteries to get the range and life expectancy they do get.

Even so Telsa's are zero good on a race track,  Very quickly even with their best systems the cars quickly drop power to stop the batteries overheating.   But again this is due to the cars design for preference of range and longevity over constant performance.

In the video the Rimac seemed to shimmy around a bit... I wonder how good the car is from a suspension and handling point of view.?

Offline diabloinoz

• 300kph+ club

• Drives: Diablo 6.0
I noted that range was never discussed ???  or recharge time ???

The real tech in E Cars is battery management...   Telsa are the first cars that can do what they do for years... yes range over time due to battery degredation drops off but they are the world leaders at managing the batteries to get the range and life expectancy they do get.

Even so Telsa's are zero good on a race track,  Very quickly even with their best systems the cars quickly drop power to stop the batteries overheating.   But again this is due to the cars design for preference of range and longevity over constant performance.

In the video the Rimac seemed to shimmy around a bit... I wonder how good the car is from a suspension and handling point of view.?

Range is noted elsewhere at 500km for the Concept One ... pretty reasonable considering the Diablo would do 500km-600km at motorway cruising and about 350km fun driving - mind you I can pull into a gas station and be "recharged" within 5mins.  As for recharge time, he's been working on the batteries for a while and even racing for many years, so I'm guessing he's got range and recharge pretty well sorted.

Offline David B

Range is noted elsewhere at 500km for the Concept One ... pretty reasonable considering the Diablo would do 500km-600km at motorway cruising and about 350km fun driving - mind you I can pull into a gas station and be "recharged" within 5mins.  As for recharge time, he's been working on the batteries for a while and even racing for many years, so I'm guessing he's got range and recharge pretty well sorted.

Yeah if he's getting 500km thats good range.   Dont doubt his engineering, its just the video seemed to focus on acceleration and torque....  Thats what all E vehicles get.

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle

Well I'm guessing trying to put 1mw of power down is likely to be a bit squirmy no matter what car.

I've seen videos of it drifting and doing burnouts if that counts?

That said,  compare it with say a veyron or any other big heavy gt supercar their party piece is always acceleration