I know someone trying to get ADR for building the Ariel Atom in AUstralia

LOL

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
LOL

I thought you would say something like that. I know I know there have been a few guys try to do it. Oh well not my prob and not my money going down the drain lol
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
This is what I saw in Perth a few weeks ago. Once you see it in real life you will realise that noone would spend ANY money to buy one as it would be too embarassing to be seen in it.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Oh yeah this used to be known as the Delanda Demon GT in 2005 - not sure what happened in the last 6 years, apart from it dating 20 years.

March 2005: http://www.drive.com.au/editorial/articleDetail.aspx?articleID=9388

Delanda lands in Melbourne

by Chris Gable

The Queensland-built Delanda GT was a late starter for this year's show but has since made up plenty of ground.

The mystery has been solved. The unheralded supercar that's become a homegrown star of the Melbourne International Motor Show is the Queensland-built Delanda GT.

The builders of the rakish mid-engined Delanda stepped in at short notice to replace the Rosso-Italia V10, which didn't make it to the show. They'd already displayed the hand-built car at this year's Brisbane motor show a few weeks earlier, and jumped at the chance to also showcase it in Melbourne, especially during Grand Prix week.

Interest in the 253kW, 4.2-litre V8-engined Delanda has been high, and hugely encouraging for the men behind the ambitious car, Lawrie Howlett and Darrell Barnett. And at the relatively bargain price of $150,000 plus on-road costs together with its knockout looks there's every reason why interest in the car should be high.

Both men have been involved in motorsport Lawrie Howlett as a designer of open-wheelers and Procar Series exotics and that experience shows in the car they've built in their Nerang workshops.

"We're extremely pleased with the reception the car's got in Melbourne," says Howlett. "We're able to build it now as a low-volume car, and we'll soon have full compliance. We'll then be aiming for a world market."

Fellow managing director, designer and fabricator of Delanda Sports Cars, Darrell Barnett says the company is looking for investors to help it take the car originally called the Demon GT; hence the plates and stickers on the car pictured to the next level of production. "With the right investment we can design and produce every component specifically to suit this car and not rely on donor components from other production vehicles," he says.

"We already have a source for our engine, transmission and engine management from a large European manufacturer that can supply us with state-of-the-art technology in our new high performance 4.2-litre alloy V8 with five valves per cylinder head and six-speed manual and auto/tiptronic transmissions."

Although Howlett and Barnett insist they can't name the drivetrain supplier, enthusiasts will easily be able to shortlist the candidates.

That Lamborghini-like body is hand-made from sandwich construction biaxial carbon kevlar, we're told, and was vacuum-formed with a high temperature resistant resin gel coat finish.

The chassis, again hand-made, is a race-car-style tubular steel spaceframe. It's said to have massive torsional strength. Suspension is a fully-adjustable double wishbone set-up at the front, while the rear is a combination alloy upper wishbone with triple link lower set-up, again race-style fully adjustable.

Yes, they're scissor doors, which swivel upwards, rather than gullwing-style. And the side windows are at this stage fixed, with opening windows planned for the full production car. To answer your question about how you pay bridge and freeway tolls, you lift your scissor door ... much to the amusement of drivers queued behind, we'd imagine.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
It seems very rare that any of these new super car companies can design a car that doesn't look like a kit car. This is another one that looks like a back yarder designed it.

Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
It seems very rare that any of these new super car companies can design a car that doesn't look like a kit car. This is another one that looks like a back yarder designed it.

or they found it in their 5y/o kids maths book.
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
They're all aiming too high...

the trend will be broken, trust me.  :cool:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

They're all aiming too high...

I don't see why someone doesn't start with something to compete with the Lotus/Boxster market, we have almost nothing here particularly sporty AND awesome looking/sounding below the full-blown exotic marques, and most of us regulars here know the high-end market pretty well and it's obvious a newcomer has an impossible mission trying to compete.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession