Offline app

The way I see it is - production cars have only been around for less than a century (roughly speaking). A lot of the successful car companies have been around for many decades.

Has there been any successful exotic car company started since say 1990, except maybe Pagani, Koenigsegg (the reason I exclude these is because even these cars seem to have difficulty selling).

What these successful car companies have in common is history, support in most countries they are sold in (even if it's not every state), brand name recognition, presence etc etc.

My point is most people would probably rather buy a Ferrari - with all it's history, support etc etc behind it - then some unknown exotic that has just come out with no history, support etc etc, even if it's cheaper than a Ferrari.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
The way I see it is - production cars have only been around for less than a century (roughly speaking). A lot of the successful car companies have been around for many decades.

Has there been any successful exotic car company started since say 1990, except maybe Pagani, Koenigsegg (the reason I exclude these is because even these cars seem to have difficulty selling).

What these successful car companies have in common is history, support in most countries they are sold in (even if it's not every state), brand name recognition, presence etc etc.

My point is most people would probably rather buy a Ferrari - with all it's history, support etc etc behind it - then some unknown exotic that has just come out with no history, support etc etc, even if it's cheaper than a Ferrari.

Nice thoughts, but if its an ugly piece of crap that doesn't go as well as the makers claim, it won't sell, no matter who makes it, or how well it's supported.

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
It seems very rare that any of these new super car companies can design a car that doesn't look like a kit car. This is another one that looks like a back yarder designed it.

It's because if the designer had any kind of talent, he would already be working for a top end car company for mucho $. So who have you got left?
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline dkabab

well i don't believe it, but one of these has made production!

and spotted in adelaide (Facebook spotters)

Offline Speedfreak

• POWER!!!!

Offline 98octane

Looks like a Diablo/Countach/Supra lovechild.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
They were already around years before Jones got involved. One or two of the early cars were for sale in the last 12 months so it could be a pre Jones car.