Offline MotorCulture

myPlates brings you the newest must-have accessory for your Japanese vehicle – the JDM number plate. After much anticipation, we’re happy to announce you can now place an order for your very own set of JDM plates through the myPlates website.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyVobB6xNa4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyVobB6xNa4</a>

In the same way that the Premium Euro Icon style resembles number plates found in Europe, our new JDM number plates closely recreate the look of Japanese domestic market number plates. And at 331mm wide and166mm high they are also designed to fit.

We have little doubt that enthusiasts of Japanese cars spend countless hours looking through photos of modified cars in Japan. With that in mind, myPlates has created the new JDM plates to help your car stand out from crowd and provide that authentic, Japanese touch it deserves – just as if you were driving around the land of the rising sun.

For two weeks, starting June 27th, you can get your hands on these much sought after number plates at the introductory price of $195, with the regular order price at $295 after 11:59pm on Monday, July 10th. There are two new JDM plate styles available in both full custom and personalised formatting (annual pricing varies between formats).

To order your custom JDM number plate, or any custom number plate, head on over to myPlates.com.au and personalise your ride!

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
That is actually a very good idea.  And cheap too. Here in QLD plates are so much more expensive.

Offline E7ITE

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
What does JDM stand for? Japanese ? ?

So I watched the video and it told me the answer. Why would you want that as a plate?

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

These have been available in Vic for a while now.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

So I watched the video and it told me the answer. Why would you want that as a plate?

And what is even funnier is the JDM sticker, the green and yellow sticker is actually like a P plate in Japan.

Offline Fil-Ski

• Name: Scuderia
When are they going to do a California no number plate option?

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
Why would you want that as a plate?

If you have a JDM vehicle that has been imported to Australia they often have license plate cutouts for Japanese plate sizes.  Aussie plates don't fit so a JDM size plate would be a better look.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Offline charliekay

Same reason they released the US style plates. Anyone with an old school muscle car will understand the difficulty of fitting NSW plates as the gap is smaller than standard plates. Normally you have to bend the end of the plates to make it fit.

I did find a work around for my mustang. If you get the traditional black plates in NSW, this plate is the only one which its size is reduced to fit the content. By getting a 5 letter plate rather than a 6 letter plate it fit in the room available.