Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Stoner & Rossi’s Ducati MotoGP Bikes up for AuctionIt is pretty rare that a mere mortal can buy an actual   MotoGP race bike, since at best machines of this caliber end up under   lock & key in a museum somewhere, or at worse, in various pieces in   the race department’s dumpster. But available directly from Ducati Corse   at RM Auction’s Monaco event, lucky bidders will have a chance at   buyingCasey Stoner’s race-winning Ducati Desmosedici GP10 and Valentino   Rossi’s ill-fated Ducati Desmosedici GP11.

Offered   under reserve, any potential bidder will also have to agree to a   non-disclose agreement before Ducati will sign off on the purchase, but   that seems like a small formality to undertake considering what is being   offered. While we wouldn’t mind either Desmosedici decorating the A&R office space,   the real question is which bike will command the higher price?   Full-credit to The Doctor, but we think that the Ducati Desmosedici GP10   “CS1” would be the better investment piece.

“The   release of two very special machines like these is an extremely rare   occasion for us, so the lucky buyer must not only enter into a   confidentiality agreement, but also become a close member of the ‘Ducati   family’!” said Filippo Preziosi, Ducati Corse’s General and Technical   Director. “The Desmosedici GP10 and GP11 were two very interesting bikes   in our GP project history and therefore will represent exciting   opportunities for serious collectors.”

Casey Stoner’s Ducati Desmosedici GP10 “CS1”
 Built   in the Ducati factory in Borgo Panigale, Bologna 7-11 December 2009,   Casey Stoner’s Ducati Desmosedici GP10 “CS1” was first started for bench   testing on 14 December 2009 before being track tested by the Australian   rider in Sepang, Malaysia in February 2010. Stoner first competed with   CS1 in Qatar in April 2010 and raced it to victory in the Australian GP   at Phillip Island in October 2010. The machine took pole positions in   Qatar, Phillip Island and Valencia and powered the Australian to podium   positions in Valencia, Assen and Catalunya. Its final Grand Prix was in   Valencia, November 2010 having logged a total of 4,232km.

Valentino Rossi’s Ducati Desmosedici GP11 “VR2”
 Valentino   Rossi’s Ducati Desmosedici GP11 “VR2” was built at the Ducati factory   6-10 December 2010 and was first started for bench testing two days   later. VR2’s first track test for Rossi was carried out in the February   2011 Sepang tests and first competed in the Qatar Grand Prix the   following month. It recorded a podium position at Le Mans, France in May   2011 and competed in its last race at the Dutch TT in Assen, having   logged a total of 2,342km.

In addition to the two Desmosedici   race bikes, RM Auction will also have the private Saltarelli Collection   of historic Ducati motorcycles (there are some seriously drool-worthy   machines in this bunch). If you have the means, we highly recommend   picking one of the Desmos up. For further information on RM’s upcoming   Monaco sale, including a frequently updated list of auction offerings,   contact RM’s London office on +44 20 7851 7070 or visit rmauctions.com.

Always wanted a Ducati.

Source http://www.asphaltandrubber.com

Offline calais

• Drives: WRX
I'll have the GP10 thanks! Any guesstimates on the price?

Anyone following the MotoGP this year? I hoping to get to PI again.

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

• Name: Steve

Online B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Terry O’Neal will buy them he has all the rest.
Not sure who bought them, but it was a pre agreed value. ;)  I was at the auction with a couple of friends.  Few chandelier bids before a sudden sell.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
Not sure who bought them, but it was a pre agreed value. ;)  I was at the auction with a couple of friends.  Few chandelier bids before a sudden sell.

Did any of your friends try to shoot you? :)

Sorry..in joke.

I love my car. Buy your own

Online B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Did any of your friends try to shoot you? :)

Sorry..in joke.

Hehe, luckily ONE of my friends had medication. :D