Offline 1st

• Drives: The Historic & Heritage Numberplate market. Historic & Heritage plate dealers & auctioneers.
  • www: HistoricPlates.com.au
Alvin,

The vendor is well known in the early 911 club and has owned a string of the finest concours early 911's in OZ including a 2.7RS which I was once lucky enough to drive. If there's one CSL to have it would be his.....!

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
This probably won't help but I remember being caught by one of these things between Strath and Goolwa when I was in my 04 Gallardo.  I couldn't shake him.  I'm not surprised you are thinking about it.  Look at those kms!

The 1M is lovely too.  :)

Took the plunge!!  no turning back now!!  :p
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline alvchua

Alvin,

The vendor is well known in the early 911 club and has owned a string of the finest concours early 911's in OZ including a 2.7RS which I was once lucky enough to drive. If there's one CSL to have it would be his.....!
Hi Stewart - nice guy - Clyde! And yes - took the plunge!! Haven't told the Mrs yet though although he's offered to store it for 6 months!!!  :D

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
man - this CSL has caused me a sleepless couple of nights!!! M3 CSL or 1M???
I'm very cautious about the SMG II but having said that my vote is swinging more in favour of the CSL cf the 1M!!

Thoughts anyone??

I bought a CSL new in 2003. Kept it for nearly 6 years and 105,000 km's which is an unusually long stretch for me.
Fabulous car, noise to die for and an awesomly quick point to point weapon. Only faults are shit BMW brakes (put 6 pot AP's on mine) and low rent base 318 interior (fixed with after market c/f kit)... Sold it to a mate who still owns it today. Think it's done 140,000 km's now and still going strong.
It's expensive at $110k, even with those miles. I sold mine under $100k a few years back, reckon this one should be $90k, maybe a bit less. Wouldn't even consider a crappy 1M against a CSL.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Hi Stewart - nice guy - Clyde! And yes - took the plunge!! Haven't told the Mrs yet though although he's offered to store it for 6 months!!!  :D

Congrats - I'm a little bit jealous on this one.   :thumbsup:  :D

Offline 1st

• Drives: The Historic & Heritage Numberplate market. Historic & Heritage plate dealers & auctioneers.

Clydes cars are the best of their type extant in the country. He makes the fastidious look lazy. Nice work on the CSL for sure......you are carefully getting the Munich Homage dream team together.

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
Congrats - I'm a little bit jealous on this one.   :thumbsup:  :D
+1 :snivel: :D

Great buy mate.....well done :thumbsup:

Definitely a better buy than a 1M ;)

Offline Laminator

• https://www.facebook.com/photoesel/

+1

Great buy mate.....well done :thumbsup:

Definitely a better buy than a 1M ;)

+1

Congrats. One of my favourite cars. :D

Offline 1st

......im watching the ridiculous yellow C63 Black on top gear as I type this.......Cool. SA's allocation lasted an afternoon.....

Offline alvchua

What worried me most was not having a clutch pedal but reality is this car is unlikely to be tracked but rather be in my shed taken out on Sunday drives!! (famous last words)

The 1M is a very well sorted car but in terms of value, perhaps the CSL might be a better long term proposition, not that I should be thinking of that! I guess for me, the 997TT would be something I'll get rid off way before any of the bimmers!

Now to offload the 2002 track car as my token olive branch for my long suffering but very understanding wife!! :-)