Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
I'm intrigued & a little excited by this :scratchchin:

It looks as though BMW are going against the trend of most other manufacturers and continuing with the conventional manual gearbox, which is great news :nana:

Quite a bit of info, pics & specs here;

http://www.f30post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=380

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
I'm intrigued & a little excited by this :scratchchin:

It looks as though BMW are going against the trend of most other manufacturers and continuing with the conventional manual gearbox, which is great news :nana:

Quite a bit of info, pics & specs here;

http://www.f30post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=380
Love the manual gearbox!! and the F30 M3 looks good!
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline nuxi

• Drives: Porsche Cayenne
  • Name: Michael
The stance on it is awesome! Can't wait for it.

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson

Offline alvchua

I'm driving a 335i F30 at the moment - loan car whilst the 1M is having its run-in service! Chassis is very good, smooth 8 speed gearbox! The Efficient dynamics stop-start is something I'll never get used to!

Quite impressed with the interior size of the F30 - the M3 sedan probably is the way to go!

Offline mtarone

I'm driving a 335i F30 at the moment - loan car whilst the 1M is having its run-in service! Chassis is very good, smooth 8 speed gearbox! The Efficient dynamics stop-start is something I'll never get used to!

Quite impressed with the interior size of the F30 - the M3 sedan probably is the way to go!

I have driven that car you are in, the transmission is very quick isnt it? They have a very comfortable sized cabin, which is one of the reasons why I bought one :)

By the way you can disable the stop-start function, that is the dealer will recode it for you so that it is off by default, which is what I'll get done.

Offline alvchua

I have driven that car you are in, the transmission is very quick isnt it? They have a very comfortable sized cabin, which is one of the reasons why I bought one :)

By the way you can disable the stop-start function, that is the dealer will recode it for you so that it is off by default, which is what I'll get done.
apparently if in sport mode, the pesky stop-start function is disabled! I'm definitely not a greenie!! :-)

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I wonder if that can be done on the M5 too?  I'm used to pressing the button when starting the car but it would be nice not to have to. 

The stop start on the M5 is very slow compared to the E63 which is instant.

Offline alvchua

I wonder if that can be done on the M5 too?  I'm used to pressing the button when starting the car but it would be nice not to have to. 

The stop start on the M5 is very slow compared to the E63 which is instant.
Was looking online the other day - there are coders who can do it remotely but also local dealership is supposed to be able to code eg. auto mirror fold when locked, auto disable stop-start etc. Even the TV in motion is supposedly codable without the CD fix! There's a guy on the 1addicts forum in Melbourne who supposedly does a lot of these for around $50 per code but he needs the car there.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

But will the dealer really turn off Stop/Start?  I'd be pleasantly surprised if he would.