Offline dkabab

Great pic Dave - pm'g u to purchase this in High Res!  :thumbsup:

ive got a better idea... just hold onto the car for at least a few more weeks and i have some ideas.... :mischief:

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
ive got a better idea... just hold onto the car for at least a few more weeks and i have some ideas.... :mischief:

no worries - this one's a keeper!!  :p
 :thumbsup:

Offline mtarone

no worries - this one's a keeper!!  :p
 :thumbsup:

No doubt about that. Its simply an awesome vehicle.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Great pic Dave - pm'g u to purchase this in High Res!  :thumbsup:

I dont always click on the pics to see them enlarged ....... WOW !!! its a great pic but seeing it larger, WOW !!

The watermark even looks good on the bonnet, maybe Al should add it to the car and promote your website.  :D

Offline alvchua

I dont always click on the pics to see them enlarged ....... WOW !!! its a great pic but seeing it larger, WOW !!

The watermark even looks good on the bonnet, maybe Al should add it to the car and promote your website.  :D

Didn't even see the watermark until u mentioned it!! Hmmm - does look good on the car though!  ;) :thumbsup:

Offline csm3

alchua you have an amazing car and what you got for what the seller was asking was a steal! CSL is a very desirable car and I agree it will always be the benchmark of the e46 m3 series.

Just the SMG put me off it.... I always wanted a more raw feel to the car.
Instead i found a 6 speed man, without a sunroof and went down the path of modifying it.

It was around 80kg heavier if I remember correctly. Never tracked but i would suspect with the same tyres as the michelins that came on the csl, it wouldn't be that much slower around a track.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

I've always loved M3's and having seen Alvyn's in person yesterday, I must say I'm most impressed.  The sound even when pulling into the garage was mouth watering, I bet at full song it would be orgasmic.

Offline csm3

1st gear sounds good...
late 2nd into 3rd gear into 4th...I never cease to say...WHAT A CAR!
I remember when the airbox was installed, i was thinking how the heck will i be able to hold onto my drivers license...takes some discipline.

Offline alvchua

1st gear sounds good...
late 2nd into 3rd gear into 4th...I never cease to say...WHAT A CAR!
I remember when the airbox was installed, i was thinking how the heck will i be able to hold onto my drivers license...takes some discipline.
Know the feeling - the intake noise is to die for!! Esp when the flaps are open in sports mode and the revs get up above 4000rpm!

Initially I was very skeptical about the SMG - now I'm loving it! It's clunky and agricultural unlike the DCTs but very addictive! Especially with the throttle matching blips!  :D

Offline csm3

I dont mind the smg with track mode its very good. The 6 speed although gives the driver/owner less headache with wear and tear.

You might consider taking off the flapper on the intake. There are two bolts on the inside of the intake actuator where the plastic flapper is mounted on aluminium rod. What happens is the electrical solenoid will eventually fail because the mass and resistance of the flapper wears it out back and forth.