Offline lord melchett

what's the deal with the e92 these days?

they're selling privately for 90k. a guy down the street from where i live has a mate who i was chatting to the other day about his m3. he said he'd sell it for 90k on the dot! '08 manual, 34 000 kms, dealer log book servicing etc...

not a very well optioned car but ... 90K??!!

weren't these things almost twice the price brand new? that's 50% depreciation in two years? has that happened to a BMW before?

:confused: :scratchchin:

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

what's the deal with the e92 these days?

they're selling privately for 90k. a guy down the street from where i live has a mate who i was chatting to the other day about his m3. he said he'd sell it for 90k on the dot! '08 manual, 34 000 kms, dealer log book servicing etc...

not a very well optioned car but ... 90K??!!

weren't these things almost twice the price brand new? that's 50% depreciation in two years? has that happened to a BMW before?

:confused: :scratchchin:

Looking at carsales, there's a huge price variation for the private '08 cars, although none quite this cheap.  I guess the 6-speeds aren't worth quite as much as the DCT cars?  How many owners, what colour, condition of car - there are lots of variables.

Offline lord melchett

Looking at carsales, there's a huge price variation for the private '08 cars, although none quite this cheap.  I guess the 6-speeds aren't worth quite as much as the DCT cars?  How many owners, what colour, condition of car - there are lots of variables.

pretty sure it's a one owner car. but no options to speak of. 90k it seems, based on comparative ads on the carsales site and the like, is on the cheap side... but that's what you get when soemone wants it sold in a weekend and they're a no-nonsense character (as this guy seemed to be).

car looked well presented, but was that grey colour i sorta don't like on the M3.

point is - even if u had to spend 100k, that's a fair scream off the RRP two and a half years prior!

it seems this model is not holding its value at all, despite raving reviews

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

it seems this model is not holding its value at all, despite raving reviews

You could buy a manual 4-door from about $145K in 2008 and the coupe was launched at $157K.  Asking prices (going more by carsales than your buddy) seems about right. 

Expensive options aren't worth much secondhand.  The C63 was aggressively priced and this probably didn't help the M3.

Offline bbb

I know someone who paid 180k brand new with options a few years back

Offline lord melchett

You could buy a manual 4-door from about $145K in 2008 and the coupe was launched at $157K.  Asking prices (going more by carsales than your buddy) seems about right. 

Expensive options aren't worth much secondhand.  The C63 was aggressively priced and this probably didn't help the M3.

yep fair enough

if he paid 157k for it new and the market price is now 100-105k then that is beginning to appear more reasonalble

i thought he paid 180k for a base model

seems good buying tho'

dad owns a C63 and the thing is quick, but i can't help thinking you need to be an old stodge to drive one.. :D

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
A friend has one for sale at 115. Manual. This thing is a real bargain. The only option that I would care about is the carbon roof. As long as it has that it will be a great car. It just looks tougher.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

A friend has one for sale at 115. Manual.

What's he getting next?

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
What's he getting next?

Not decided as yet but who knows with him!!!!!