Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Anyone with a recent BMW will know what a PITA the "Accept" disclaimer screen is which has to clicked away every time I-drive starts up.  I just bought and downloaded some software for the M5 which has disabled this idiotic feature permanently.  You bloody ripper.  :nana: :nana:

It came from these guys as a bonus when enabling video in motion. I didn't need this but I can now watch TV and DVD while I drive.  :eek:

http://www.dvdinmotion.com/

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
Now you just need to fit remote operated blackout curtains to the entire windscreen and the transformation from car to mobile cinema will be complete!
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Now you just need to fit remote operated blackout curtains to the entire windscreen and the transformation from car to mobile cinema will be complete!

Do you think mondi would have something tasteful for me on DVD?  :D

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
For those kinds of videos you will need black curtains all round!

This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
Anyone with a recent BMW will know what a PITA the "Accept" disclaimer screen is which has to clicked away every time I-drive starts up.  I just bought and downloaded some software for the M5 which has disabled this idiotic feature permanently.  You bloody ripper.  :nana: :nana:

It came from these guys as a bonus when enabling video in motion. I didn't need this but I can now watch TV and DVD while I drive.  :eek:

Sorry to be a pessimist Mark, but could this potentially effect your warranty & insurance policy if something (touching wood for you) did happen?

P.S. Do they do software for 09+? :p

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Sorry to be a pessimist Mark, but could this potentially effect your warranty & insurance policy if something (touching wood for you) did happen?

P.S. Do they do software for 09+? :p

To restore to factory settings, insert the CD for one minute and it reboots to original. I'll probably do that for the DVDIM which I don't think is a good idea as I have the rear screens anyway.  (Edit:  I just restored the video lockout in motion)

Here is the list of cars that can be helped.  The Accept delete comes as a bonus to the DVDIM.

DVDInMotion_CIC software for unlocking video in motion is available for all BMW cars with the Car Infotainment Computer (CIC). Models included are:

BMW 1 Series from MY 2009 (E81/E82/E87/E88/F20)
BMW 3 Series from MY 2009 (E90/E91/E92/E93/F30)
BMW 5 Series from MY 2009 (E60/E61/F10/F11)
BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo (F07)
BMW 6 Series from MY 2011 (F12/F13)
BMW 7 Series (F01/F02/F03/F04)
BMW X1 (E84)
BMW X3 (F25)
BMW X5 from MY 2010 (E70)
BMW X6 from MY 2010 (E71)
BMW Z4 from MY 2009 (E89)
BMW 1 M (E82)
BMW M3 from MY 2009 (E90/E92/E93)
BMW M5 from MY 2009 (E60/E61/F10)
BMW M6 from MY 2009 (E63/E64)
BMW X5 M from MY 2010 (E70)
BMW X6 M from MY 2010 (E71)

All 2012 BMW models are supported. The software works on cars made for all world regions including Europe, United States, Japan, Korea, Australia and many more.

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes

I can take care of that. No problem

Offline deangpsx8

• I Am Legend
  • I am legend in my own lunchbox

• Drives: Everyone Crazy
  • Name: Dean
  • www: Intellitrac.com.au

Exactly what i have been looking for!  Thanks Mark!
Persistence Beats Resistance

Offline TEZZA

• Those Frenchies seek him everywhere

• Drives: No matter what it is I am still lusting after something better.
Do you think mondi would have something tasteful for me on DVD?  :D

The words Mondi and tastefull, should never be used in the same sentence.

:D

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater

I got this for my X5M as the "I accept" disclaimer has been pissing me off for the 2 years I have owned the car.
Guess what? Permanent TV and no change with the disclaimer  :banghead:

Perhaps it's model specific?

I haven't even used the TV since I got the car.