Offline fivesix

Oh god! too much trouble, I think i'll just move somewhere cheap!

thanks for the help! :)

Or have a few UK/European driving holidays over the next twelve months?

Offline Nobleambitions

• Back from the naughty corner.

Or buy a demonstrator condition, relatively new DB9 with a warranty for less than a new imported one: http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/dealer/details.aspx?Cr=7&R=10072765&keywords=&trecs=24&__sid=12D5BCA3308A&__Ns=pCar_YearMade_Int32|1||pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|0&__Qpb=1&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&seot=1&__N=1216%201246%201247%201252%201282%204294967143%204294967138&silo=1011

Also, why is this posted in the Maserati section?

Offline Adam Kennedy

Just out of curiosity... Can I import a 2007 Vanquish, and if so, how much roughly would that cost me?

Offline eddievanhalen

• Drives: 2010 jaguar xkr
Or..........if you are open to something similar but non-Aston consider a brand new XKR for a touch under 300k new with a great warranty+ 3 years free servicing and a more extensive dealer support network outside of Trivett  :thumbsdown: (if you're local to me).   My detailed review of XKR vs DBS vs Granturismo can be found in the Jag section , but like you I was set on an Aston until I test drove them all. 

On an objective basis I feel the XKR is clearly a better all round GT than a DB9 BUT.......there can be a lot of "passion" for the brand in an Aston purchase and if that's your main driver then I won't try and talk you out of it by any means.  The DB9 is a wonderful car in its own right.

Just a thought mate

Ed

Offline Adam Kennedy

That did cross my mind! but im still not convinced. is it just the DB9 that can't be imported, or are there any 'Vantage's' that can be imported?

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Also, why is this posted in the Maserati section?

Cos I can't tell the difference! :doh: :D

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Just out of curiosity... Can I import a 2007 Vanquish, and if so, how much roughly would that cost me?

As a PI - yes.

But there is no RAWS so only as a PI - up to 2004 has a RAWS though(Aston Martin V12 Vanquish 2001 to 2004).

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Or have a few UK/European driving holidays over the next twelve months?

:doh:    Not gunna work!!!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

In fact, the DB9 is one of the few vehicles specifically listed as not eligible for import. This is due to a guy moving from the UK to Australia a while back who wanted to bring his DB9 with him which he had owned for I think only 9 months. He spent thousands of dollars battling with the Australian government trying to allow him to import the vehicle after they rejected his application to have the DB9 added to the SEVs list.

There is actually a small possibility (<0.1%) that you can get the facelifted DB9 onto the SEVs register, and that's only if Aston Martin set an allocation of new DB9s to Australia.
I don't think it's as simple as owning the car either, you also have to drive it regularly.

If, somehow, you are allowed, then the car would end up costing around $300k AUD (including compliancing and all import taxes) plus on roads for your state.

You would have a better chance of being able to import a Virage, even then, it's an unbelievably complicated process that's unlikely to be allowed by Aston Martin.

OK -
1: you can import a DB9 as a PI no problems.
2: the guy with the DB9 was trying to get around the rules - THAT WILL NOT WORK!!!
3: if you play by the rules it can be done......
4: why is it an unbelievably complicated process??? You go live there for 12 months, own the car, have all the proof, done.
5: Where does it say in the rules that you have to drive it regularly???
6: What would Aston Martin have to do with it????

Offline eddievanhalen

• Drives: 2010 jaguar xkr

6: What would Aston Martin have to do with it????

I know bugger all about imports but that also struck me - what would a car company have to do with the process?