Offline j15

ok...so what's the theory here. Do people pay extra for huge options on second hand cars, or does it just make the car more desirable?

IMO it only makes it easier to sell because it might make the car more desirable than its competitors. Second hand buyers are no where near as fussy as new car purchasers so they're unlikely to want to pay for options that weren't their choice in the first place (especially if the list price for those options was a rip off).

If a car has lots of expensive options, and the value of the options was added onto the asking price you'd probably end up with an asking price much higher than other cars for sale. When that occurs the phone stops ringing and you just end up waiting for the guy who must have those options on his car, except that he won't turn up because if having certain options was that important to him he could probably pay the same or a similar amount of money to buy a new car optioned how he wants.

Offline Ruskee

The orange car at David lights has been for sale for a long time.

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
The orange car at David lights has been for sale for a long time.

yep. is that good or bad??

Offline 1q2w3e4r

What is the view on the current market for these?  Mid/high 200s now that the 540-570 are about to land?

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
At the moment they still start with a 3. Give it a year and they'll be in the 2's...
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline jamesatfish

The black MY11 at Duttons should be buyable sub $300k - it's been up for sale quite some time and at least one buyer seems to have fallen through during that time as well. Don't know the condition of the car itself however.

I've been offered an early Spider in the mid $300s.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
The black MY11 at Duttons should be buyable sub $300k - it's been up for sale quite some time and at least one buyer seems to have fallen through during that time as well. Don't know the condition of the car itself however.
I've been offered an early Spider in the mid $300s.

Duttons car looks ok as long as you don't mind all that black. Very, very drug dealer looking :p

Offline Ruskee

I spoke with them about that car a few months ago. They wouldn't go sub 300 although things may have changed now.
I look forward to when the sticker price for a 12c or 458 starts with a 2. Good for paupers like me.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

I spoke with them about that car a few months ago. They wouldn't go sub 300 although things may have changed now.
I look forward to when the sticker price for a 12c or 458 starts with a 2. Good for paupers like me.

I had negotiated a price of $330k on an early 12C nearly 2 years ago. They would have to be sub 300 now. McLarens are a hard sell 2nd hand.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Given Shacks experience with the 650S, I wonder what the real wholesale money is on this very early MP4-12C ?

Surely it would have to be Circa $150-160K ?  Duttons couldn't even be stuffed to detail it properly.

That's a hell of a lot of car for the money.

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/McLaren-MP4-12C-2011/OAG-AD-14295750/?Cr=56