Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

Hi all! Am considering getting a Range Rover Sport (v6 Diesel) as a daily driver. Does anyone here have any experience with this car and the service from Solitaire in Adelaide? Would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Hi all! Am considering getting a Range Rover Sport (v6 Diesel) as a daily driver. Does anyone here have any experience with this car and the service from Solitaire in Adelaide? Would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

My 13 yo drives me mad about the RRS. Not because she's ever sat in one but because Justin Bieber drives one.  :doh:

Would the diesel have enough grunt? They are a heavy thing. Probably the best looking SUV on the market. Make sure a new model isn't just around the corner - they have been around a while.

No problem with Solitaire for service.  :thumbsup:

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

My 13 yo drives me mad about the RRS. Not because she's ever sat in one but because Justin Bieber drives one.  :doh:

Would the diesel have enough grunt? They are a heavy thing. Probably the best looking SUV on the market. Make sure a new model isn't just around the corner - they have been around a while.

No problem with Solitaire for service.  :thumbsup:

Got a test drive organized with Solitaire tomorrow. The interior is superior to the X6 or ML. So far the reviews I've read have been quite positive. I think they have recently had a minor facelift done, so perhaps a new model in due in a year or so. Still a good looking car so I'm not too fussed about this point.

Trying to resist the Turbo Diesel V8.. $150k :D

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Took one out for a spin once, very impressed to the point I was getting serious but then I couldn't think of one reason why I'd need an SUV, I don't think they have any more room than a normal sedan and I don't go off road but very nice to be behind the wheel. ;)

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

Took one out for a spin once, very impressed to the point I was getting serious but then I couldn't think of one reason why I'd need an SUV, I don't think they have any more room than a normal sedan and I don't go off road but very nice to be behind the wheel. ;)

did you try the diesel v6? was the handling nice and smooth?

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
Hi Mate
I think it is the same v6 as in my dads XF Jag
If so it is "FINE" for doing the job.
very smooth, quiet and dose everything you could need a DD to do very well.
Great on fuel

good luck

Offline hummel

What does the supercharged model go for?
Friend has just the stand V6 I think and he loves it! I reckon they look much better than the competition as well.

Off topic:

Took mates old mans new XF with V8 out the other night. Wow what a beautiful car to be in, blows the 7 series away I reckon and had a good bit of poke. The silver grill on the black paint looked great!

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
the Diesel 2.7 TDI is underpowered IMHO. Nice looking car but new one is on the horizon - have seen leaked pics of MY12 model somewhere.
The Sports is a beast of a machine - but realistically - it is a smaller vehicle than the X5.

IMO - the X5 40D - twin seq Turbo diesel is probably one of the better diesels out there - amazing amount of torque and boy does it pull!!!  :thumbsup:
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

the Diesel 2.7 TDI is underpowered IMHO. Nice looking car but new one is on the horizon - have seen leaked pics of MY12 model somewhere.
The Sports is a beast of a machine - but realistically - it is a smaller vehicle than the X5.

IMO - the X5 40D - twin seq Turbo diesel is probably one of the better diesels out there - amazing amount of torque and boy does it pull!!!  :thumbsup:

I'm not really expecting it to handle better than the X6 or X5, but hopefully it doesn't feel sluggish. The seats in the Range is much more comfier than the X's, and size I feel is similar to the Cayenne.

So none of you guys have heard horror stories about reliability?

The last Range Rover we had was in '93, and that had some issues..

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson

The last Range Rover we had was in '93, and that had some issues..
My aunty had a late 90's HSE.........absolute lemon :thumbsdown: