Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Trying to resist the Turbo Diesel V8.. $150k :D

There's a V8 in the range and you are looking at a V6?  Are you feeling OK?  :p

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

did you try the diesel v6? was the handling nice and smooth?

It was the diesel V6 from memory (was a while ago) and the handling was fine, everything about it was just great really.

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

There's a V8 in the range and you are looking at a V6?  Are you feeling OK?  :p

Well I was thinking of the V6 cuz at that price point I'll keep the Turbo for now. Not ready to jump to the GT-R yet until I do more research but need a car now as a daily driver that won't stretch me financially. The V8 would be nice, but doing that may affect my choices when it comes to replacing the Turbo.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

They've built these things to be great everyday drivers and they've done a good job of it.

Offline CortinaD

I love the look of them but your Cayenne is much much tougher.

Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

Hi all! Am considering getting a Range Rover Sport (v6 Diesel) as a daily driver. Does anyone here have any experience with this car and the service from Solitaire in Adelaide? Would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

Aemel, dont do it! I had an E53 X5 and it was unbreakable...loved it to death. Did 150,000k's and it never broke and returned 8.5ltr/100k.

Sold it and bought a RRS as I am in love with them.......things broke and fell off it whilst it was parked in my drive. 3 x gearboxes and complete new air suspension...................it just went on and on!
During my woes with it, everyone I met who had an RRS or disco4 was having similar experiences......................I never met anyone with either of these cars that wasnt in the middle of huge warranty issues!

I sold it and bough a E73 X5 and have put 85000k's on it and I love it!

I still look at RRS and drool and I would have another in a flash if only the damn things would work properly!

Rgds
Grant
Always Gunna

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Interesting, an associate of mine uses his RRS for towing his race car all over the country. He travels interstate at least once every 2 months in it. Its probably a 2008 model and from what I know of it, its been very trouble free. His is a twin turbo V8 so maybe the smaller engines have had more problems.

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

I love the look of them but your Cayenne is much much tougher.

The Cayenne resides in Melb now, so I'll get to use it whenever i'm there...didnt want to get another one... made the mistake of buying the same series vehicle with engine upgrades (540i to 550i to M5 with 1.5 years) :faint: I'd like variety this time round :)

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

I still look at RRS and drool and I would have another in a flash if only the damn things would work properly!

Rgds
Grant

Thanks Grant. What year was the RRS?

Offline CortinaD

The Cayenne resides in Melb now, so I'll get to use it whenever i'm there...didnt want to get another one... made the mistake of buying the same series vehicle with engine upgrades (540i to 550i to M5 with 1.5 years) :faint: I'd like variety this time round :)

Sweet. Does it have to be european? The Sahara's are very well appointed inside and bullet proof.