Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

You still on this site Ubs?
Did your end up getting one??
I ended up getting a fully restored 67 fastback, contrary to my prior way of thinking.

I wouldn't be touching the last mustang model now with the new one it here.

If you order a new V8 GT you can send it away and for an extra $40k get a GT 350 back. Body kit, super charger, bigger brakes, suspension and even a proper like GT 350 plate.

Anyhoo, have posts pics of your 67 before?????

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Though, co-incidentally test drove a Camaro LT1 recently and loved it (even though it's a bit like staring out of a tank) so am watching with interest as their prices keep dropping....

What was the conversion like??? I had a look at a newish car that had been converted and was terrible. I can't discuss details due to legal action, but the new steering mounts that had been made for it had cracked and a first year apprentice could have done a better job of the welding, plus the heater controls disappeared into the dash when you tried to use them and one of the air vents fell out when adjusted...............

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
What was the conversion like??? I had a look at a newish car that had been converted and was terrible. I can't discuss details due to legal action, but the new steering mounts that had been made for it had cracked and a first year apprentice could have done a better job of the welding, plus the heater controls disappeared into the dash when you tried to use them and one of the air vents fell out when adjusted...............

mate, I don't check stuff like that - I'd prefer to leave any surprises for you. My focus is to drive past a cafe and to see what I look like in the reflections.   :)
C'mon, do it!

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.

Was the car you drove a 6 speed? They started building the 6 speed in Mexico years ago and they have really weak synchros and gears and dont last long before becoming sloppy to shift and jumping out of gears.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Was the car you drove a 6 speed? They started building the 6 speed in Mexico years ago and they have really weak synchros and gears and dont last long before becoming sloppy to shift and jumping out of gears.

In regards to the factory side of the cat,  no problems I could pick up on, bit I wouldn't drive it fat with the steering like it is. The problems were all due to the mods done to make it RHD..........

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
In regards to the factory side of the cat,  no problems I could pick up on, bit I wouldn't drive it fat with the steering like it is. The problems were all due to the mods done to make it RHD..........

Had it passed rego or was it on a trade plate? You wouldnt think it would get through rego in that condition.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Had it passed rego or was it on a trade plate? You wouldnt think it would get through rego in that condition.

That's the reason for the legal action, it was done by a registered workshop............