Offline RMV

• A Country Member

Sorry if there is an existing Thread like this, did a quick search and could not find anything.

To start the ball rolling.

Now that is an impressive collection of cars, not to mention the highlighted one.   :D

He no longer has the F355 CH, Mondial (never had one AFAIK) , F40, F50 (never had one AFAIK) or Lamborghini Diablo SE30. 

He does have a 300SL roadster (disc brake car), BMW 2002, BMW 2002 Turbo, and others.   Very nice collection, IMHO.

Offline RMV

• A Country Member

watch this.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJZAg2KL_FY

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJZAg2KL_FY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJZAg2KL_FY</a>

Offline 265T

http://www.sportscardigest.com/archives/770

Garage Profile Jay Kay
May 8th, 2008 Related Filed Under

While Jay Kay is best known as lead singer of the band Jamiroquai, he is also fairly well-known in auto circles as a very serious car collector.

His well-thought out collection includes among others, a Fiat Abarth 1000, Frua-bodied Maserati A6 G2000, Lamborghini Miura SV, Ferrari 550 and Enzo, Aston Martin DB5, Mercedes 300SL and 600 Pullman, Bentley S1 Continental and his first car, a BMW 1602.

The TV show Fifth Gear visited Jay at his gorgeous English estate, where they played with his toys, then got down to business looking at his collection. The garage itself and the surrounding area are incredible too.

Enjoy the video and pictures.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
He no longer has the F355 CH, Mondial (never had one AFAIK) , F40, F50 (never had one AFAIK) or Lamborghini Diablo SE30. 

He does have a 300SL roadster (disc brake car), BMW 2002, BMW 2002 Turbo, and others.   Very nice collection, IMHO.

his 355 was a CH?

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Several sources say that he did own the F40 and F50 but does not anymore. As for the Mondial, well can't find anything except that first article.

PP, the F355 is still a question, some sources say CH and others don't.

Anyway, just goes to show, you just can't believe everything that you read on the interweb.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Anyway, next Rowan Atkinson.

Cars
With an estimated wealth of 100 million, Atkinson is able to indulge his passion for cars that began with driving his mother's Morris Minor around the family farm. He has written for the British magazines Car and Evo.

Atkinson also holds a UK LGV licence, gained because lorries held a fascination for him, and to ensure employment as a young actor.

A lover of and participant in car racing, he appeared as racing driver Henry Birkin in the television play Full Throttle in 1995. In 1991, he starred in the self-penned The Driven Man, a series of sketches featuring Atkinson driving around London trying to solve his car-fetish, and discussing it with taxi drivers, policemen, used-car salesmen and psychotherapists.

Atkinson's car collection is dominated by Aston Martins, including the DB7 Vantage used in Johnny English. His Aston Martin V8 Zagato, featuring a novelty registration plate, was driven by his character Dexter in the film The Tall Guy. Atkinson was cited for speeding in the car, just as his character was in the movie. He also received a driving ban as a result of the incident. He also races in his V8 Zagato, from which he escaped unhurt after crashing it into a barrier at an Aston Martin Owners Club event in Croft Circuit in 2001. He is reported to have placed an advanced order for a Morgan Aero Max, which costs 110,000.[citation needed]

Atkinson has raced in other cars, including a Renault 5 GT Turbo for two seasons for its one make series. He owns one McLaren F1, which was involved in an accident with an Austin Metro. Other cars he owns include an Audi A8, a Honda Civic Hybrid, and a Bugatti Veyron.

The Conservative Party politician Alan Clark, himself a devotee of classic motor cars, recorded in his published Diaries this chance meeting with a man he later realised was Atkinson while driving through Oxfordshire in May 1984: "Just after leaving the motorway at Thame I noticed a dark red DBS V8 Aston Martin on the slip road with the bonnet up, a man unhappily bending over it. I told Jane to pull in and walked back. A DV8 in trouble is always good for a gloat." Clark writes that he gave Atkinson a lift in his Rolls Royce to the nearest telephone box, but was disappointed in his bland reaction to being recognised, noting that: "he didn't sparkle, was rather disappointing and chetif."

One car Atkinson will not own is a Porsche: "I have a problem with Porsches. They're wonderful cars, but I know I could never live with one. Somehow, the typical Porsche people and I wish them no ill are not, I feel, my kind of people. I don't go around saying that Porsches are a pile of dung, but I do know that psychologically I couldn't handle owning one."

What's with his F1, it looks like it's in Undercoat.  :confused:

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
Well here's what it looked like after the accident

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Offline RMV

• A Country Member

his 355 was a CH?

Yeah, a black one which was subsequently owned (and sold) by a UK Fchatter.  I'll try and dig up a picture of it.

Re the F50, have never heard that he had one until now... I'm surprised Jay Kay wouldn't have mentioned it in the UK mags I have where he discusses his collection including previously owned cars like the F40....  I'd take a lot of the stuff on the web with a grain of salt, personally.

Offline RMV

• A Country Member

Anyway, next Rowan Atkinson.

What's with his F1, it looks like it's in Undercoat.  :confused:

Dew, I'd say.