Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
Got sold prior to getting there this morning =(

Was told that there was only 1 left in SA asking price has gone up dramatically in price (dealer talking around the $75K mark) but i notice on carsales a few still listed at mid 60's

They were a bit elusive when i was asking if it was worth the $30K premium over the XR5 (which they sold me 18 month ago), told me to look at it this way "its the equal to a WRX (or sex when sending on an Iphone  :doh:) "

FRS what colour did you get?
looked great in the Blue and Green, personally I'm a HUGE fan of the white ones
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Was told that there was only 1 left in SA asking price has gone up dramatically in price (dealer talking around the $75K mark) but i notice on carsales a few still listed at mid 60's

$65-75k for a Ford econobox?

Seriously - are people fucking mad?

:doh: :confused:

Offline FRS_Go

• Drives: Focus RS
Got sold prior to getting there this morning =(

They were a bit elusive when i was asking if it was worth the $30K premium over the XR5 (which they sold me 18 month ago), told me to look at it this way "its the equal to a WRX (or sex when sending on an Iphone  :doh:) "

FRS what colour did you get?
looked great in the Blue and Green, personally I'm a HUGE fan of the white ones

Funny that you said white is the way to go, thats what I will be picking up very shortly!!

As for the premium mark up on cars that some dealers are doing, I have had a whisper that it could get worse.
Some dealers are holding off selling one of thier allocated cars, so that when there are a lot more buyers left than cars, they will carry out an auction. Simply the highest bidder wins.

If you are serious about getting one, just do it. As to whether it is worth 65 to 75k, it is a personal choice. Here in Aus we may not see a similar Euro Ford Hot Hatch for some time.

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
Funny that you said white is the way to go, thats what I will be picking up very shortly!!

As for the premium mark up on cars that some dealers are doing, I have had a whisper that it could get worse.
Some dealers are holding off selling one of thier allocated cars, so that when there are a lot more buyers left than cars, they will carry out an auction. Simply the highest bidder wins.

If you are serious about getting one, just do it. As to whether it is worth 65 to 75k, it is a personal choice. Here in Aus we may not see a similar Euro Ford Hot Hatch for some time.

Out of interest, what made it worth it for you personally?

I personally love it, and it fits me like a glove (which is usually the thing that rules cars out for me at 6'2"), but when I consider what else I could get for the same money, I'm still not convinced.  And I'm especially not convinced it's $20k more car than the new Megane.

Offline FRS_Go

• Drives: Focus RS
Out of interest, what made it worth it for you personally?

I personally love it, and it fits me like a glove (which is usually the thing that rules cars out for me at 6'2"), but when I consider what else I could get for the same money, I'm still not convinced.  And I'm especially not convinced it's $20k more car than the new Megane.

Having waited for over 10 years (since I've been here in Aus) for Ford to ship out a proper Euro Style performance car, and always being involved with the RSOC UK for over 30 years. It was an easy choice, especially after driving the MK1 Focus RS years ago, again is it worth the money? Only if you feel personally that it is the "One" for you.
It is over priced compared to the UK, yes, but we don't have much option with living here.

Lets see what happens over the next couple of years, the cars will hold thier price initially then begin to drop and finally stabilise and even start to come back a little. Just my personal opinion, but I could be totally wrong!

Offline RS

• Drives: AMG

Can't wait to see photo's. I wish I had bought the XR5 in white

I have been a huge focus fan since the launch back in 98/99, and the Sierra RS500 was the car that got me into motorsport / cars.
I got the XR5 as at that time there were no plans on bringing in the RS (which had just been released)

We'll see in a year or 2, i highly doubt prices will fall to quickly on these things, however the 2nd hand market won't allow for any premium over the RRP in a year or 2 time, and they will be set to potentially loose out the most (even if prices hold relative to the RRP or the premium)
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Offline app

If it was a ford, yes :p

But it's each to their own...
I'd pay that much for an HSV rather than some OHOS exotic that required an open cheque book for maintenance and repairs...

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
Some guy walked in and purchased it on his credit card.....................how does some one do that, I hate spending $5 on my card.   :der:

He would have done that to get the frequent flyer points probably, then just pay the card back on the spot.
This is what my wife (ex) is jumping up and down about in court - "Last month he spent $228k on his credit card. That shows he lives an extravagant lifestyle!".  Hey BITCH, I run all my company expenses through my credit card so I can get points so I can fly to see the kids for free on the weekends.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I'd have one.  Cooler than a Rex, Evo or GTI, IMO. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B9H_C_IqME&feature=related

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I'd have one.  Cooler than a Rex, Evo or GTI, IMO. 

Like choosing which of my sisters I'd most like to sleep with. :p