Offline j15

Ferrari F355- all the "last pretty Ferrari ever made" plus being available in manual might give it a bit of a cult following to build its collectable value

Offline 98octane

Porsche 993 Carrera RS and 993 Turbo seem to be retaining their value very well.  Presumably this hints they're collectable?

Offline pku

No linky available online, I had to buy the paper hold up and read version. In the interests of many more people obviously now wanting to read the article and thus the publishers not come after me for copyright, the magazine lists: Ford Fg Falcon XR6 Turbo, Honda NSX, 911 MkI GT3, E46 M3 CSL, Renault Alpine GTA Turbo, WRX, DB7, Nissan GT-R, Chrysler 300C SRT8, MX5, CLK63 and Monaro CV*8.

Pete

Offline dkabab

series one elise would be my pick  :cool:

s1 exige... already pretty pricey!

what are others thoughts on racing v's road....  in the ballpark not many can afford, 250gto's, 917's etc... are some of the most expensive cars you can buy. like FF said with the 360gt (although i wouldnt include the 360 so much) but cars with prominent racing history will always be worth more in the long run, IMO.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I saw a delivery miles M3 CSL this week... in storage. it's done 800km only, nearly all on the rolling road at the storage place.

355 won't be truly collectable, simply too many of them, but 355 Challenge will be... as they are road registerable race cars. 360 Challenge won't be so much as they are not road registerable (really) and certainly not practical on road.

360 CS and 430 Scud will do ok, but again, simply too many of them.

Special edition Sporty hatchbacks of Mini, Clio, Citroen C2 etc will do ok perhaps?????

Good thing about buying race cars (360 GT etc) as collectors items is that they are usually quite simple/minimalistic, which makes them cheaper to restore than road cars.

Offline 1q2w3e4r

only modern day classic imo is going to be a Carrera GT

with the current economy and increasing focus on profit/safety/emissions etc Porsche will never do anything like it again

wind back the clock a little further and i rekon the 993 Turbo S will become very desirable.....993 Turbos are already worth more than 996 Turbos. Or try and get your hands on an Aus delivered 964 Turbo 3.6 (think Weltmeister has one atm)

any hot baby Ferrari or 911 for eg will just be replaced when the new model comes out....360CS is old news compared to a 430 Scud, likewise who remembers the 996 GT3 RS when the 997 GT3 RS was such a huge leap

no need to mention an F40, they're already on the way up. Maybe a 512LM - last of the flat 12 rear engined Ferraris

seldom do non-standalone models become highly sought after collectables

993 Turbo S for sure, as you said even the 993 Turbos are holding value very well in the current market.

Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

993 Turbo S for sure, as you said even the 993 Turbos are holding value very well in the current market.

Yay to me.....................I'm very smart! (Note to self.......dont smash 993 TTs when racing!) :thumbsup:

Offline 986986

• Drives: 997.2 S PDK; '12 Cayenne Diesel (family bus)
Series 1 Lotus Exige; 968CS eventually (once everyone realises how rare it actually is); 924 Carerra GT (see 968CS);

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Toyota Sera apparently....  :rolleyes:

I Suppose Renault Avantime too?

Silly old git.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

No linky available online, I had to buy the paper hold up and read version. In the interests of many more people obviously now wanting to read the article and thus the publishers not come after me for copyright, the magazine lists: Ford Fg Falcon XR6 Turbo, Honda NSX, 911 MkI GT3, E46 M3 CSL, Renault Alpine GTA Turbo, WRX, DB7, Nissan GT-R, Chrysler 300C SRT8, MX5, CLK63 and Monaro CV*8.

Pete

Thanks Pete, it's an odd list:

Ford Fg Falcon XR6 Turbo - meh
Honda NSX - fair call, lovely things, reckoni 60K is bottom of the market for a good one?
911 MkI GT3 - lovely car, hopefully collectors remember this model
E46 M3 CSL - nice, but collectible?
Renault Alpine GTA Turbo - really?
WRX - oh f*ck off - maybe a 2 door STI, but the rest???
DB7 - hmmm
Nissan GT-R - see WRx
Chrysler 300C SRT8 - see toilet
MX5 - seems again far too many built - maybe a clubman version?
CLK63 - AMG presumably? But even then, collectible?
Monaro CV8 - hmmm, mebbe, funny we were talking about buying one of these - seems they couldn't drop any more...

Odd list, but I guess we're never going to agree on all of them!  :)