• www: Flamestone.com
Such a Jack of all trades......Looks great Shane :thumbsup:

Thanks...

...for not saying Jill of all trades.   :D

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
Definitely easier, but not ideal.  Sometimes it's too abrasive, and other times not enough.

Plus there's the problem of further oxidation and UV damage if you don't reseal.  Not a huge problem if you don't mind being back to cleaning them again even sooner than necessary.

Did you reseal it as well??
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Looks good, but I just use a product called PlastX by Meguires car care products. $20 for a 500ml bottle, only uses about 3ml/headlight, takes 1 minute to do, headlight lasts about 3 months before doing it again. I don't see the point of sealing a headlight, when the sealer is comming off it looks crapper than yellow lights. 8 mins a year @ a cost of next to nothing and hassel free is what I think is better for me anyway. No mess, no prep needed.
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Lovely work flameman. Super detail.

Kujotk - I've bought a crate of that Meguires stuff too ... mainly due to it's claims of having polymers that will protect plastic. It's been amazing on stuff that's started to haze, when applied once a month'ish if the cars are out in the open, longer periods if the car's garaged. Once the plastic starts to crack/crumble nothing brings it back. Going to try it on the front lights on the 360 at some stage, they are notorious for fogging from the inside regrettably - so the challenge is getting the cleaner INTO the light...
C'mon, do it!

Offline Ferrarista

Kujotk - I've bought a crate of that Meguires stuff too ... mainly due to it's claims of having polymers that will protect plastic. It's been amazing on stuff that's started to haze, when applied once a month'ish if the cars are out in the open, longer periods if the car's garaged. Once the plastic starts to crack/crumble nothing brings it back. Going to try it on the front lights on the 360 at some stage, they are notorious for fogging from the inside regrettably - so the challenge is getting the cleaner INTO the light...
I used that Meguires plastic stuff on my skyline and it worked a treat! Should work just as good on the 360.
Passion For The Prancing Horse

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

well if the plastic is cracking then I don't know what else you can do other than sand it back and hope the cracks arn't deep, or buy new headlights.

I don't think the Meguries protective polymer claims are correct seeing as you apply yours every month and I do mine every 3 months (by the end of 3 months there is a big difference before and after cleaning).

And yes Ferrarista I use mine on the skyline aswell and it works a treat, I got the idea from a friend who used it on his supra and I was surprised how easy his lights became good as new. Then I shared the info with the boys @ the skyline club, used my bottle with over 50 cars so far, bottle is still 3/4 full.

I still think Meguires is much easier and just as good as sanding it back and using an assortment of soaps/detergents/chemicals to achieve the same result.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

it's an act of surgery akin to open heart to get the lenses off the lamps.

it can be done, but there will be pain/blood and possibly death.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

i got no idea with the 360's but for most other cars i know about you have to heat the headlight up in an oven or hot heat gun to get the glue to melt, then you simply pull the lense from the headlight.

That being said Ive looked at my mazza and it looks like a bitch to take off (similar production year to the 360's so i'd imagine the 360's are just as hard to do)

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
i got no idea with the 360's but for most other cars i know about you have to heat the headlight up in an oven or hot heat gun to get the glue to melt, then you simply pull the lense from the headlight.

That being said Ive looked at my mazza and it looks like a bitch to take off (similar production year to the 360's so i'd imagine the 360's are just as hard to do)

There's a multi angle groove full of super sticky bonding compound holding them together. you can't just slide a blade in to separate, you have to get nasty...

I did one that had been crashed, to learn on, and have done a few more undamaged ones now.

But I'm an eggspurt and it takes me about 3 hours EACH lens to get them off, then another 2 hours each to clean up the crap and make ready to stick back on.

AND, although I haven't broken one yet, I ain't man enough to promise I won't.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al