Offline psw

• Keep smiling

I finally bit the bullet, got a check on my vanity & ordered some hearing aides today. My hearing has been deteriorating for quite a few years now - too much loud music in my youth & some hereditary I suspect - but I kept avoiding it, had a hearing test 6-7 years ago & was told my hearing loss could be improved with aids, but vanity held me back. Had another test 15 months ago as I thought things had gotten worse, told the same thing.

I've been having progressively more trouble at home, in work group meetings hearing dialogue, especially if it's also a conference call, just missing too much that is articulated, along with dinners when in a group of people (like recent Tassie dinner), you end up feeling inadequate & slightly silly when you miss conversation & respond incorrectly or just can't respond for fear of saying the wrong thing  :(

Technology has moved on significantly since looking at my mother's old clunker aids & when I first looked 6-7 years ago, so with all that's mentioned above, I got over myself thinking I was still too young & made the plunge. Hoping once I have them in 10 days I'll be saying I should have got them years ago.

Mostly everyone here is probably too young I suspect, but would love to hear from anyone with similar experiences or hearing issues.
Keep Smiling

Offline Horse

• Hung like Einstein

LAUDA!!!!!
Why such a long face?

Offline psw

• Keep smiling

Offline jmillard308

• Carpet Muncher

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
I know what you mean about vanity. I lost 50% hearing in my left ear when I was 25. Too embarassed to wear my hearing aid. My right ear has over compensated though and it runs at 120% now.
The only trouble I have is at loud dinners, so I always make sure I sit at the end of the table with my right ear towards the crowd.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass

Offline psw

• Keep smiling

I know what you mean about vanity. I lost 50% hearing in my left ear when I was 25. Too embarassed to wear my hearing aid. My right ear has over compensated though and it runs at 120% now.
The only trouble I have is at loud dinners, so I always make sure I sit at the end of the table with my right ear towards the crowd.
Didn't know that one ear can over compensate  :thumbsup: sadly both mine are bad, so I'm the opposite I need to sit in the middle when I can, a good thing if its all women  :D
Keep Smiling

Offline psw

• Keep smiling

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
Didn't know that one ear can over compensate  :thumbsup: sadly both mine are bad, so I'm the opposite I need to sit in the middle when I can, a good thing if its all women  :D

particularly if you have lost your hearing

winning all round  :hyper:

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I thought I might be having trouble having played in a band when in my 20's but it turns out I just turn off when someone bores me, I look as if I'm listening but .....nope...I nod and smile every now and again to keep up the pretence.

Technology has moved on they're almost undetectable now I think.