Offline longi

• Drives: A red tractor
I've seen people put a metal pole down in the gutter, the wheels touch this and pick the car up a bit and it can clear the concrete.

Now have you thought about putting it in the back  :scared: ahhh putting it in backwards? reverse it in on a sharp angle

Err... I confess the idea crossed my mind. Me sinful me.

Issue is that the driveway goes for about 50 narrow metres then plunges into a narrow 120 degree ramp to the garage. Don't trust myself to get away with that exercise every day

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Thanks for the advice there* Will try that this weekend. I was thinking of ringing a couple of neighbours' doors before doing anything, and ask them whether that's ok. Could prevent them from ringing the council, but if they say no I'm toast as they will call the council for sure. Mmmh.

* I was hoping the title of this thread would draw some attention. But boy you guys are switched on. Thanks!
Most members minds are in the gutter, including mine.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

So you thought it was a school kid post too  :rolleyes:

Oh boy was I going to have fun with this............... :p

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Err... I confess the idea crossed my mind. Me sinful me.

Issue is that the driveway goes for about 50 narrow metres then plunges into a narrow 120 degree ramp to the garage. Don't trust myself to get away with that exercise every day

Buy a new house.......... :eek:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

When I saw this it really did remind me of one of my favorite movies.....

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
I think thats fran drescher, aka 'the nanny'

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
I just concreted half the driveway/gutter at the front, used a lot of bonding glue to help the new concrete stick to the existing gutter and also mixed some in the wet concrete to give it some flex so it wouldn't
crack as soon as a car drives on it. I have a gutter right next to the concreted gutter and another one about 4 meters on the other side of the drive way in a cul-de-sac so i'm not worried about water issues,
neighbours or council.

I'm going to concrete the whole length of the driveway/gutter seeing as i'm at that stage of collecting stupidly low super cars.

PS: I want to see that magician at work Mondi, post up a link so I can run out of internet download again
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Depends where you live.  When I bought my first Gallardo I applied to Council to fit a drain cover that would allow water under it and smooth my approach.  They knocked me back.  Then I worked out that steering at an angled approach to the kerb would prevent the front spoiler touching anyway.  :doh:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Then I worked out that steering at an angled approach to the kerb would prevent the front spoiler touching anyway.  :doh:

Good to see that it's not just my local council that are Dick's.

That depends on the approach he has to the drive and the other angles involved.

Any photos of said gutter???

Offline longi

• Drives: A red tractor
Here is the picture. You were right, it did get in (and out) with a lot of angle. There's not much margin and every other day the lip scratches down, but it works. Bit of a work out every morning, then.

Thanks everyone for the advice