Offline uzz32soarer

• Moustache Champion
  • How the moustache was invented.....go the growl!

• Drives: 1988 Testarossa, 1974 DeTomaso Pantera, 1956 T-Bird convertible.
  • Name: Rob Hayden
By the way... all Ferraris are made in Italy... they're all imports. :D

Exacary right, they are all imports. What's the stigma about imports.

I can understand the desire to grab an Aussie delivered vehicle if the model was released in Australia with significant horsepower increase, less emissions, got 100 mpg, or came fully loaded with nubile young wenches, but attaching stigma to a car just because it was made in Italia for another market, and has now ended up here, what a crock?

We are lucky in that we have such weather that the cars delivered here have generally not been driven or stored in crappy condiitions, salted roads, snow etc, but what about that HK 512TR? HK is a small island so there is a pretty good chance that the car was stored somewhere close to the coast so may have been affected by sea spray and salty winds, fair enough.

I'll be making sure my next car doesn't come from Brighton, Sandringham, Double Bay, Manly  or the Gold Coast then!!

Would a HK 'import' be any better or worse than one residing in and driven around any of those suburbs above?

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Exacary right, they are all imports. What's the stigma about imports.

I can understand the desire to grab an Aussie delivered vehicle if the model was released in Australia with significant horsepower increase, less emissions, got 100 mpg, or came fully loaded with nubile young wenches, but attaching stigma to a car just because it was made in Italia for another market, and has now ended up here, what a crock?

We are lucky in that we have such weather that the cars delivered here have generally not been driven or stored in crappy condiitions, salted roads, snow etc, but what about that HK 512TR? HK is a small island so there is a pretty good chance that the car was stored somewhere close to the coast so may have been affected by sea spray and salty winds, fair enough.

I'll be making sure my next car doesn't come from Brighton, Sandringham, Double Bay, Manly  or the Gold Coast then!!

Would a HK 'import' be any better or worse than one residing in and driven around any of those suburbs above?

HK is typically worse due to the humidity. Also, QLD cars are worse than VIC for the same reasons, in my experience. I think Adelaide cars are overall and typically the nicest I've seen, FWIW.

But there are exceptions. :cool:

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
Rob, your model testa was never brought into this country officially AFAIK, so it doesn't matter.

328GTBs were never brought into this country either.

some cars aussie delivery matters A LOT, others it doesn't. logic or facts have nothing to do with it...like most of phil's comments.

there is no way, for example, that i'd buy a 328GTS that wasn't aussie delivery. The calls my friend who was selling a 328GTS got where the first question was "is it aussie delivered" and the recollection of what it was like trying to sell an immaculate P Turbo that was an import is enough to ensure that i never do it again.

e.g. the blue GTSi that we've discussed before....i don't care how good a car it is, i wouldn't touch it with a 10' pole JUST for that reason (even with near new tyres *snigger*)

sooner or later, you'll probably want to sell the bugger, and when you have a car with a limited market, you don't want to reduce THAT market by 90%!

I love my car. Buy your own

• Soap Dodger

some cars aussie delivery matters A LOT, others it doesn't. logic or facts have nothing to do with it...

it appears that way.

It's an education thing IMO.

Luckily, every day brings a new wave of ex pat poms to the country and therefore the ex pom car market is expanding rapidly. :thumbsup:

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
it appears that way.

It's an education thing IMO.

Luckily, every day brings a new wave of ex pat poms to the country and therefore the ex pom car market is expanding rapidly. :thumbsup:

education is what caused it! initiated many years ago by mercedes and porsche as i recall.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

Read in the news today (like that matters) that since this time a couple years ago basically Aussies going to Pomland have halved, and Aussies coming back from there have doubled.  Just Chinese-whispering from what I recall...

Hopefully some of them will be bringing back some interesting cars! :thumbsup:

• Soap Dodger

Offline deangpsx8

• I Am Legend
  • I am legend in my own lunchbox

• Drives: Everyone Crazy
  • Name: Dean
  • www: Intellitrac.com.au

Yeah, we have already had that out. Ash is a little busy but will deal with this when he can.   :thumbsup:

Not only do we pay a premium for our Locally Delivered cars.
Then we have to put up with these guys aiding the depreciation.
Persistence Beats Resistance

• Soap Dodger

Not only do we pay a premium for our Locally Delivered cars.
Then we have to put up with these guys aiding the depreciation.

I agree...

I think easily available cars shouldn't be allowed in... things like 360/550/Gallardo/Murcie etc etc... all stuff here.

We need to protect the buyers of Aussie delivered cars from a damaged market price.

there should be some rule like...

"If there's more than a dozen pop up when you do a for sale search, it's  a" NO GO"

So, things like 328 GTB, Dry sump 308's, and generally models that were never sold here SHOULD always be allowed in.

and anyway, where did your Lambo come from???? :tilt:

Offline app

I agree...

I think easily available cars shouldn't be allowed in... things like 360/550/Gallardo/Murcie etc etc... all stuff here.

and make the rarer ones allowed in :doh:...like the f40

tsk...bureaucrats  :agro: