Offline DavidEvo

So, firstly a little back story… I’ve just finished my degree in the UK and have been toying with the idea of working down under (yes, I know, another one ect..)

Only thing is, I hate the thought of potentially living and working in a country such as Australia and being without my rather beloved little Fiat Barchetta.

So, I’ve done a fair bit of googling, and it doesn’t look too promising… she’s left hand drive, and manufactured in 1995, so my question is, has anyone actually done this with a car that isn’t a “classic”, I’ve read about club and tourist regos, but not come across anyone that’s actually managed to do so… thought this might be a good place to ask around

David

Online TomE

So, firstly a little back story… I’ve just finished my degree in the UK and have been toying with the idea of working down under (yes, I know, another one ect..)

Only thing is, I hate the thought of potentially living and working in a country such as Australia and being without my rather beloved little Fiat Barchetta.

So, I’ve done a fair bit of googling, and it doesn’t look too promising… she’s left hand drive, and manufactured in 1995, so my question is, has anyone actually done this with a car that isn’t a “classic”, I’ve read about club and tourist regos, but not come across anyone that’s actually managed to do so… thought this might be a good place to ask around

David

No need to bring a car. All Brits seem to get issued one of these at the airport.

Each individual state has its own regulations regarding registration of LHD vehicles.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Short answer is No.......

......if you PI the car it will need to be converted.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Sell it and buy an MX5 when you get here and you'll wonder why you didnt buy an MX5 instead of the Barchetta in the first place.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

as above...

import and convert is simply way too hard and expensive for a car like that.

Sell it and buy something here...

There's several converted Lancia Integrales here, if you like that kind of thing, if you want a rag top, then yeah, MX5 or S2000 is the way to go.