Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Chalk it up folks, there is something Philly doesn't know :)

and yet I'm STILL not wrong though.... :tilt:

Offline 916senna

• 300kph+ club

• Drives: Remote controlled battery powered toy
and yet I'm STILL not wrong though.... :tilt:
I think everyone will attest, you're not right either  ;)

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
you're all a pack of arse holes..... :tilt:

But I can feel the love......

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

you're all a pack of arse holes..... :tilt:

But I can feel the love......

Well you're half right at least !

:D

Offline Deankat

• Drives: Dreams :)
  • Name: Dean

Offline Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT
Unless Lindsay has obtained a private ruling then the museum would run as any other deductible gift recipient (public library, public museum or public art gallery)

Offline BigD

I have checked out this awesome collection a few of time over the years.

The first time must have been 15 years ago when I was helping out a charity function there. My memory is bad the the best of times (my disclaimer to the facts below), but Lindsay and his daughter attended and were walking through, and I heard a bit of conversation.
- One of the Mercedes SL300 gullwings in the collection was one of his daughters first cars.
- Lindsay mentioned that his brother, Peter, was the big car fan. It sounds liked Peter had a lot of input into the collection. Lindsay did mentioned that Peter spent ages tracking down the XJ220 in the UK.

Later one of the mechanics was wandering around and giving the cars a wipe down. In a quick chat he mentioned that after servicing some of them, they would take them out to a local airfield to blow the cobwebs out. I think he mentioned recently doing so with the Porsche 959. Don't know if that is still done.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

I have checked out this awesome collection a few of time over the years.

The first time must have been 15 years ago when I was helping out a charity function there. My memory is bad the the best of times (my disclaimer to the facts below), but Lindsay and his daughter attended and were walking through, and I heard a bit of conversation.
- One of the Mercedes SL300 gullwings in the collection was one of his daughters first cars.

Hard to imagine a young girl would be interested in driving an OHOS with such poor ventilation that you have to lift the door at every opportunity during summer. I believe the controls are also pretty heavy.

- Lindsay mentioned that his brother, Peter, was the big car fan. It sounds liked Peter had a lot of input into the collection. Lindsay did mentioned that Peter spent ages tracking down the XJ220 in the UK.

The fact that he spent ages tracking down an XJ 220 might indicate that he might not be the best person to be taking advice from :rolleyes:

Later one of the mechanics was wandering around and giving the cars a wipe down. In a quick chat he mentioned that after servicing some of them, they would take them out to a local airfield to blow the cobwebs out. I think he mentioned recently doing so with the Porsche 959. Don't know if that is still done.

I think that might have stopped after an F40 (allegedly) got bent for the second time  :doh:

Offline BigD

Hard to imagine a young girl would be interested in driving an OHOS with such poor ventilation that you have to lift the door at every opportunity during summer. I believe the controls are also pretty heavy.

The fact that he spent ages tracking down an XJ 220 might indicate that he might not be the best person to be taking advice from :rolleyes:

I think that might have stopped after an F40 (allegedly) got bent for the second time  :doh:

They were standing in front of four SL300's at the time. Maybe hers was the convertible?  :o

Hey, one major reason for me going to the Fox collection was for the XJ220. Personally I love the look of it. The poor old XJ220 seems to be a love it or hate it type of car.  :waah: