• Master Baiter
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Smart ForTwo
  • Name: Peter
I'm not interested, but can understand how others are. :D

you could have fooled me.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

My Chrysler voyager used 8.5l/100km, (27.2 mpg) with 6 people and a baby in it, on a 4 hour drive.

All were in incredible silence and comfort, watching DVD's (excpet the driver) sitting in comfy arm chairs, surrounded by air bags and intrusion bars etc.

Oh, they had 5 international travellers worth of luggage and baby care stuff in too.

So, a poofter car was utterly outclassed today, by a yankee gas guzzler.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter

My Chrysler voyager used 8.5l/100km, (27.2 mpg) with 6 people and a baby in it, on a 4 hour drive.

All were in incredible silence and comfort, watching DVD's (excpet the driver) sitting in comfy arm chairs, surrounded by air bags and intrusion bars etc.

Oh, they had 5 international travellers worth of luggage and baby care stuff in too.

So, a poofter car was utterly outclassed today, by a yankee gas guzzler.

not the emissions and fuel usage.....but i think you'd find what you did would be difficult in just about any car.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

not the emissions and fuel usage.....but i think you'd find what you did would be difficult in just about any car.

So, if you TRULY care about the environemnt, car pool!

Anything less is a wank.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter

So, if you TRULY care about the environemnt, car pool!

Anything less is a wank.

i ride a scooter FFS

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
So - two people in a sportscar is better for the environment than one in a Poofter Car. :D

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter

So - two people in a sportscar is better for the environment than one in a poofter car. :D

i would be very surprised

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

*sigh*

ya know, i find this quite amazing, i've owned lots and (driven even more) of high performance cars, luxury gas guzzlers, econo boxes, you name it....cars and bikes....(scooters to fast sports bikes)

yet, i have absolutely no trouble comprehending and appreciating the technical brilliance of a car like the poofter car and actually find them enjoyable to drive.

if the car is used for what probably 99% of people would do with it, it's the best car on the road in australia that i've experienced. it's very quiet, it's very comfortable, it has all the creature comforts, it has less C02 output than any other car, uses less fuel than anything else in it's class (car size etc) by a good margin, and yet some of you guys through up a ridiculous test like the one above to prove what?

on a race track you have almost no regeneration of the battery happening, so after the first lap, the battery would be flat...so you're running flat out on a 1.5l engine screaming its tits off. where the hell is the sense in that? Does the poofter car have to be able to outperform an M3 AND use less fuel to be impressive?

i'm impressed with it for what it is. it's the best at what it does, and it does it very very well. full stop.

if some of you guys are stupid enough to thing that driving a ferrari, porsche, lambo or an X1/9 in peak hour traffic to and from work every single day is somehow more of a pleasure than driving something like a poofter car, then i suggest you really haven't tried either.

top gear and fifth gear know this....but like i said, if it's not somewhat controversial, then it's no good for ratings.

some of you guys have to stop worrying so much about the badge on the car and how fast it can go, and appreciate the technical brilliance that other cars have too.

Although I am finding it difficult to make this statement, I agree with some of your comments here PP.

1. I watched the video comparing the 2 cars (M3 vs Poofter Car) and seriously it doesn't represent any comparison to normal daily driving whatsoever.  As you say populist.
2. Technically it is a move forward (brilliant???) and someone has to do it.

I think F1 will push this technology (and possibly the move away from fosal fuels?).  I also think it is a generation thing.  My kids will probably grow up not interested in V8's etc.  I grew up with these cars and car racing as we see it today.  Taking into account that the automobile (IC engine) has only been around for just over 100 years, again there will be new technologies and modes of transport going forward.  We are forever evolving.

One thing that does amaze me and could shed some light on the future is looking as old movies.  It's amazing how "futuristic" things that seemed impossible at the time now happen, space travel being one of them.

Back to topic, having been in one (a Poofter Car), I don't like the silence.  I enjoy the sound of my 6 litre V8.  Its personel, but to me nothing beats it IMO and I will continue to use and enjoy this mode of transport for as long as I can afford to.  :D :D

:drive:

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Why are people calling the Poofter Car a poofter car?  It's an engineering marvel - even if it isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Why are people calling the poofter car a poofter car?  It's an engineering marvel - even if it isn't everyone's cup of tea.

I'm a kiwi mhh, someone else called it a poofter car.  :D