Offline YMCMB

Hi Guys,

Would anyone know if an Audi Navigation CD would work in a Gallardo?  Both cars have the RNS-E Navigation system and I've read elsewhere (other forums) that depending on the software version, this may be interchangeable between the 2 vehicles.

The Lamborghini stealership wants around $1000 for the navigation CD.   :doh:  I'm sure the Audi CD may be more cost effective for essentially the same / similar functions.  I've also checked whereis but they don't have a Lamborghini option and their Audi option is unavailable for sale.

Maybe someone here has had experience with this before?  Appreciate any direction.

Cheers

Offline Jamezilla

• Drives: BMWs for everyone!
  • Name: James
I assume you have the standard Lambo/Audi head unit with the screen and the NAV button?
When you press it it asks you to insert the DVD?

Best to make sure you actually have the navigation module - as the unit is generic, so all series II G's have it. Navigation was a cost-option form the dealer and requires a secondary module to be fitted. Just popping a DVD in the slot wont do you much good. Our old Spyder was like this - nav screen but no module. We tried the DVD from the SLG just to be sure... and no dice.

I can't remember whether an Audi disc works (I think it might...) - but this should be a simple matter of testing it. Surely your friendly local Audi dealer will let you try - and probably make you a coffee while you wait.

J

Offline YMCMB

Thanks J, I'm not sure if it has the module.  Good point.  Will have to dig around and work this one out.  Appreciate the support.

Offline adam01

VW units are RNS-510, might be another avenue 

Offline Neru

Pretty sure the latest Audi maps were 600 when I checked

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk