Offline Andy@MMRT

• Dodging Coconuts

• Drives: Murcielago
Scum.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/motoring/audi-r8-sports-car-stolen-at-gunpoint-during-test-drive/news-story/ed64166b1d93b0981feab512d96490a4

Agreed, but if I was selling a car, let alone an R8, and the perspective buy asked to meet me at a service station, at 6pm...it wouldn't sit well with me.

Then again, do you want them coming to your home, maybe it was the owner being safe.  Anyway, no-one was hurt, car is hopefully insured.

meh, I've confused myself now, i guess wherever it was he'd still have been pistol whipped.

Offline Fil-Ski

• Name: Scuderia
Agreed, but if I was selling a car, let alone an R8, and the perspective buy asked to meet me at a service station, at 6pm...it wouldn't sit well with me.

Then again, do you want them coming to your home, maybe it was the owner being safe.  Anyway, no-one was hurt, car is hopefully insured.

meh, I've confused myself now, i guess wherever it was he'd still have been pistol whipped.
You obviously need to do some vetting before you sell a car like that.

The minimum I would be looking for would be a phone number and name that can be verified via a simple Google search. Even a LinkedIn profile.

Offline BenC

• Bus Driver

• Drives: cars
  • Name: Ben
Call me all the names you like but when a 20 year old lebbo rings me up and wants to see my car, its already sold.

This isn't an isolated incident.

Offline Andy@MMRT

• Dodging Coconuts

Call me all the names you like but when a 20 year old lebbo rings me up and wants to see my car, its already sold.

This isn't an isolated incident.

You selling the G Ben?

When I sell I usually put it on consignment.  Just removes the hassle. 

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
You selling the G Ben?

When I sell I usually put it on consignment.  Just removes the hassle.

Illegal in Victoria; but certainly the best way to offload an expensive car. Once you get above $50k most people want to trade something and finance the purchase from you. The higher the dollars involved, the worse it gets and the "wanna be" tyre kickers become more prevalent.  It quickly becomes a real PITA and not worth the trouble.

Offline Andy@MMRT

• Dodging Coconuts

Illegal in Victoria; but certainly the best way to offload an expensive car. Once you get above $50k most people want to trade something and finance the purchase from you. The higher the dollars involved, the worse it gets and the "wanna be" tyre kickers become more prevalent.  It quickly becomes a real PITA and not worth the trouble.

Why is it illegal in Victoria?  Didn't know that.  I'm happy to pay the consignment fee just to not deal with the lowball offers that come in.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
Why is it illegal in Victoria?  Didn't know that.  I'm happy to pay the consignment fee just to not deal with the lowball offers that come in.

I think it has something to do with the statutory warranty that Vic dealers are obliged to offer. Can get messy if the car they sold on consignment i.e. they don't own, goes bang in a big way.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I think it has something to do with the statutory warranty that Vic dealers are obliged to offer. Can get messy if the car they sold on consignment i.e. they don't own, goes bang in a big way.

It can be done.

If it's done by the book, they have to put it in the LMCTs name. If if doesn't sell it has to go back into your name and you have to pay stamp duty and transfer fees.

There was a mob quite a few years ago who started up an on  consignment group of yards with the permission of the licensing mob but it didn't last very long due to the red tape and other rules, etc.......