Offline Paulstar

Looks all that and more 8-)

And the car looks pretty light, small and efficient too  :cool:

Offline Rickjames

It's up at Mount Panorama at the moment doing photo shoots.

Offline carmooch

• Name: George
Trying to organise a press drive but I'm not even getting so much as a reply... and I'm looking to actually buy one too!

Offline Paulstar

I get the impression only skinny Asian girls are allowed to get near the car, i think it's a marketing ploy. I think it works.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I get the impression only skinny Asian girls are allowed to get near the car, i think it's a marketing ploy. I think it works.

If this is in fact true, I must buy one!!!    :p

Offline tentacles1

Starting from 30k.

First time I have ever said this, well done Toyota.

Offline carmooch

• Name: George
I was shocked when I saw it, great price from Toyota. I still can't be convinced about it just yet. It still seems like a step backward to replace my WRX with an 86. Besides next year Hyundai are bring in their Coupe with a 200kW turbo-4 or 260kW V6 which will be in the same price range.

Offline dkabab

this of course is the first offering... when the turbo/sti versions come out, id expect them to be around the 50k mark, still cheaper than a 370z etc...

would be cool to see toyota offer a GT4 version and go rallying again

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
I was shocked when I saw it, great price from Toyota. I still can't be convinced about it just yet. It still seems like a step backward to replace my WRX with an 86. Besides next year Hyundai are bring in their Coupe with a 200kW turbo-4 or 260kW V6 which will be in the same price range.

Thoughts from reviews and videos, I have not driven an 86 but have driven wrx
Different style of car
WRX good to great power (depending on what has been done) and when on boost lots of grip good chassis
86 small power but NA smooth delivery little grip but exceptionally well balanced chassis

a good driver will get alot out of a 86 as it has the chassis for them to play with on the limit and have FUN

You have an interesting choice but a fun position to be in.

I am very keen to have a drive of the 86

Offline nuxi

• Drives: Porsche Cayenne
  • Name: Michael
this of course is the first offering... when the turbo/sti versions come out, id expect them to be around the 50k mark, still cheaper than a 370z etc...

would be cool to see toyota offer a GT4 version and go rallying again

I'm keen to see one of these in person. I'm looking to replace my 370z with something a bit bigger, just don't know what. I may wait for a turbo version...

My cousin works for Toyota Finance, he's got 2 red ones sitting in the carpark, he reckons they look the goods.

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ Porsche ] Porsche 991 911 R Australian Registry JBO Today at 12:00
[ Porsche ] 991 GT3 RS JBO Today at 11:34
[ Off Topic ] and today you bought... Alpinem3e92 Today at 08:49
[ Electric Cars ] Beginning of the end for the ICE allanuber Yesterday at 19:21