Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Yeah, cool!!!

Why aren't we allowed to have an Ariel Atom on the road, it's just not fair!!!!!!     :hissyfit:

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
...Why aren't we allowed to have an Ariel Atom on the road, it's just not fair!!!!!!     :hissyfit:

If nothing else, plane delays don't make me feel guilty about web browsing... elfin is interesting. Release in the next month or so, about 200KW, weighs about as much as a bugs left testy, includes creature comforts like power assisted steering... and 0-100 claim of 3.8 seconds ... that's certainly new Atom territory, with no rego or insurance issues.

Closest match I can see to the Ultima from what we've been looking at - in terms of eyeball grabbing, tuneable, super-quick and trackable - while being road registered. I'm yet to actually see an Elfin on the road, so I think it'll be reasonably rare as well.
C'mon, do it!

Offline dkabab

I cant say from experience, but from a lot of reviews ive seen/read, it handles like a brick. Goes fast in a straight line, looks great, but yeah, typical “muscle car” in elfin clothing….

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

Offline Adam

Hey Al

I just happen to be the agent for Elfin in NSW.  Don't know who it was at the airport that tapped you on the shoulder but pass on my thanks if you ever get a chance.

The T5 should commence production sometime in March.  Not sure how long it will be before we get our first car but obviously some time after that.

For the price, I don't think anything out there will beat it as a toy.  I haven't driven one myself, yet, but John Clarke from HSV tells me that it is an awesome weapon and really easy to drive fast.  Can't wait to get my hands on one.

Feel free to contact me at work anytime if you want to discuss.

Cheers

Adam Kaplan
02 8878 7878

Offline allanuber

woo hooo, the power of AE!  :)

Thanks Adam - did I meet you at the last Burrows day - were you there in a 427?  We had 2 of the Uber cars out that day. The 355 and the 993.  Certainly keen to chat as the release of the Elfin nears.
C'mon, do it!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Now that's a nice piece of networking right there!!!

The Elfin sounds like a really good little package.
Any chance that there will be enough left over for the Pantera as well.   :cool:

Goes fast in a straight line, looks great, but yeah, typical "muscle car".

Byte your Bum!!!    :p

Offline allanuber

...Any chance that there will be enough left over for the Pantera as well.   :cool:

hahahhaa. vile temptress.
C'mon, do it!

Offline Adam

I cant say from experience, but from a lot of reviews ive seen/read, it handles like a brick. Goes fast in a straight line, looks great, but yeah, typical “muscle car” in elfin clothing….

Hey dkabab....I think you are confusing it with the MS8, the 5.7L Elfin....the difference with teh Type 5 is that it will handle really well.

Cheers

Offline Adam

woo hooo, the power of AE!  :)

Thanks Adam - did I meet you at the last Burrows day - were you there in a 427?  We had 2 of the Uber cars out that day. The 355 and the 993.  Certainly keen to chat as the release of the Elfin nears.

Yep, that was me....small world isn't it!  Will definitely have a Type 5 at a Burrows Day as soon as it's available.....can't wait!