Offline fastoy

• Drives: SLK 55 AMG Mercedes-Benz
I've been told in the past that money is in a business. But these days, it's almost impossible for a shop to open from the ground up as almost everything has already been done.

Wasn't it a hundred years ago, that somebody famous said that everything that could be invented, already had been..?

The internet and modern communications have opened up boundless opportunity for those who won't take no for an answer. Imagination and determination will do it every time.

Read Napolean Hills' "Think, and Grow Rich". You will never look back.   

Offline Rickjames

I don't want to be a cashed up bogan!

I'd rather be a cashed up bogan then a broke snob!!  :D

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
I have a friend that used to paint restored cars for a living, he was one of the best in the country.
He would earn between $1200 and $1600 a week.

He now works at Roxby doing maintenance painting, its a non stop job but he makes over $3000 a week and has great tax benifits. If you check with mining companies on what careers best suit you, you dont have to be a bogan, you could be an OHS officer or someone in management, they actually have websites online for young guys like you and have traineeships already set up. Its just one more possibility.

Offline Chaderotti

I don't know what my talents are. I have a range of friends from artists, to athletes. I couldn't draw to save my life, and well, 5 weeks ago I broke my fibula trying to do gymnastics.

I'm not good at bull shitting, I'd be a horrendous sales rep because if there is a flaw in my product I'd let the world know.

I can't write novels because I don't have the patience nor the imaginative mind to come up with something like a human falling in love with a homosexual dracula, and then when the homosexual dracula is in direct sunlight they sparkle like someone who just rolled out of a fairy convention.

In essence, I'd say I'm entirely average.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I don't know what my talents are. I have a range of friends from artists, to athletes. I couldn't draw to save my life, and well, 5 weeks ago I broke my fibula trying to do gymnastics.

I'm not good at bull shitting, I'd be a horrendous sales rep because if there is a flaw in my product I'd let the world know.

I can't write novels because I don't have the patience nor the imaginative mind to come up with something like a human falling in love with a homosexual dracula, and then when the homosexual dracula is in direct sunlight they sparkle like someone who just rolled out of a fairy convention.

In essence, I'd say I'm entirely average.

Ahhhh - this is a great post. :D

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I'm not good at bull shitting......

And at that point, the alarm went off.  :doh:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

Offline Chaderotti

I could never get into article writing properly because the amount of useless shit which comes out of my mouth or rather, swirls in my mind and then transmitted through my fingers is horrendous.

http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=26659&hilit=mascot
Written by yours truly. Don't feel like clicking? It involves a little stuffed dog, pass the parcel and colourful rainbows.

I've never smoked a joint or popped any pills. That up there is me in a nutshell.

Offline 98octane

Chad, the years after school are critical years of learning and gaining experience.  Whatever you do, you'll need to work hard to skill up so you can take a step closer to your dream.  If that's becoming a pilot, the RAAF seems like a good option.  If the military is not for you, perhaps start training at your local regional airport to get your pilots licence and get a part-time job to pay for it.   You could even get a job that's sort of relevant - e.g. admin at a small airline or similar.  It'd be a foot in the door, which will be handy when you've got your commercial licence and are looking for a full-time position.