Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

It's a ccompany registered vehicle. That's the amount of the fine if the driver is not declared.

Yup........

Not mine so don't care.  :p

Offline a.taylor

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

It's a ccompany registered vehicle. That's the amount of the fine if the driver is not declared.

Cheaper to fund a Swedish backpacker for a year and have her be the named driver for us all :)

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

There could be other benefits if she was willing.

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

There could be other benefits if she was willing.

Will leave that up to Andrei :)

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
Cheaper to fund a Swedish backpacker for a year and have her be the named driver for us all :)
Genius!
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline dkabab

on sunday night at 7pm, my wife got a parking ticket for parking on the front lawn of my parents house.... in the 30 years they have been there, many people have parked there and no one has ever got a ticket to my knowledge....

council has never mowed this piece of grass, they have never watered it...  (this street view maps is old when there was water restrictions)

seems an odd time for a ticket to be issued in back streets of suburbia....? is it even illegal to park there...

It says

either,
Stopped on bike/footpath (no footpath there)
shared path or dividing nature strip adjacent to a length of road in a built up. (is this considered built up?)

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
It happens around my place all the time. There is actually a good reason for the ban on parking on nature strips. The weight of the vehicle can break water pipes and damage other utilities that are buried under the surface.
Our area is very old and the streets are narrow so it's a real PITA to have narrow streets blocked by hoards of cars that can't park on the nature strips.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

It happens around my place all the time. There is actually a good reason for the ban on parking on nature strips. The weight of the vehicle can break water pipes and damage other utilities that are buried under the surface.
Our area is very old and the streets are narrow so it's a real PITA to have narrow streets blocked by hoards of cars that can't park on the nature strips.

Yup, it also damages the Telstra pit lids and now with a lot of areas with NBN fibre, it can damage the pits that have just been put in.

And yes I believe that comes under the built up area thing, over here our 50 speed zones are in built up areas and that would be exactly what they mean.....

Offline BigD

In Melbourne council of Casey there has been a lot of tickets being issued for parking (partly or fully) on the nature strip. Even for new estates with narrow streets where if cars are parked on both sides of the road you can only just get one car through. This seems counter productive to bottleneck traffic.

After some backlash from angry residents, the local council changed their ruling to only allow cars to park on the nature strip if the street was below a certain width. Small victory.