Offline Essendon

...it's quite possible he's not telling a lie.  Maybe he's just not telling the whole truth.

I wonder if that's how ASIC (Australian Securities & Investments Commission, www.asic.gov.au) put it when they listed him as a
"Banned & Disqualified Person"  free public search results are see below:

Extracted from ASIC's database at AEST 15:10:12 on 11/02/2009

Registers of Banned & Disqualified Persons 
Document No008630521
Name CALABRESE, Rocco 
Address 1 Nolan Close, Vermont South, VIC, 3133
Commenced 09/10/1996   
Ceased  09/04/1999
Comments No comment made

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
I wonder if that's how ASIC (Australian Securities & Investments Commission, www.asic.gov.au) put it when they listed him as a
"Banned & Disqualified Person"  free public search results are see below:

Extracted from ASIC's database at AEST 15:10:12 on 11/02/2009

Registers of Banned & Disqualified Persons 
Document No008630521
Name CALABRESE, Rocco 
Address 1 Nolan Close, Vermont South, VIC, 3133
Commenced 09/10/1996   
Ceased  09/04/1999
Comments No comment made

what does it mean? banned from '96 to '99?

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline j15

what does it mean? banned from '96 to '99?

"The Banned and Disqualified Registers list people who have been disqualified from involvement in the management of a corporation, or banned from practising in the financial services industry. These Registers contain four categories: "

more here http://www.asic.gov.au/asic/asic.nsf/byheadline/Disqualified+and+Banned+Registers?opendocument

Offline Essendon

...quote from Fido ASIC website:

Under the Corporations Act, ASIC can disqualify a person from managing corporations for up to five years provided they have been the director of two or more failed corporations within seven years.
These failed entities must have been wound up with the liquidator lodging a report with ASIC regarding the corporationís inability to pay its debts. Since 1 July 2006, ASIC has banned 75 company officers using this power.    FIDO Website: Printed 11/02/2009

I don't know if "Inability to pay debts" is classified as bankruptcy but it's not something you would want to put on your resume.

Offline Livinia

My husband and I are meant to be doing a drive day this Saturday.

Rocco said that he would contact me yesterday (Tuesday) to arrange the details.  As of yet, he has not contacted me despite me trying to contact him through his mobile phone (with messages left), text and email.

I now hold very little hope of the drive day going ahead on Saturday or any other day for that matter.

He has $1500 of our money.  I guess through the information posted here we have very little chance of recovering that money (which by the way, was not just our money but money put in by our family and friends for my husband's 40th birthday).

:( :irked:

Offline j15

so..... does that involve bankruptcy

From ASIC, at the link i posted

There are other circumstances in which a person may be disqualified from managing corporations, for example where the person is an undischarged bankrupt or has been convicted of certain offences involving dishonesty. ASIC does not receive statutory notice of such disqualifications, and so they are not able to be recorded in this register.

So yes, but they probably won't be on the ASIC register

Offline Livinia

To all that have had problems with ASCP.

This is my latest dealings with him....

Rocco has phoned me this morning, he has cancelled our drive day for Saturday, giving no real reason....this is the crap given to me from his mouth:

• Rocco said that another company is taking over ASCP and that he only needs to organise 1 more drive day and then the company will wind up.  Whilst he cancelled Saturday's drive day, he could not give me another date, just stating that it would be in a couple of weeks.  He said that he will ring me back today with a new date.  I will not hold my breath!!!

• Rocco said that MXCR was not a company of his or any of the other companies that were degistered.

• Rocco stated that it was not him that was a banned and deregistered company director.

I have told Rocco that he is nothing but a liar and a crook.

I do not believe that he will ring me back with a new drive date and IF he does, it will be for the purpose of stringing us along to delay any possible legal action.

However, know this Rocco...because I know that you read this forum.  We will turn up to any proposed drive dates.  And when you don't show with the cars, It will just give us more proof that are a shonkster and we will take you to court.

Offline simie

Hey guys,

I have also paid & still not done the day since July 2008. I paid direct transfer so trying to get a refund.
Apparently getting bak to me today after he speaks 2 his accountant for my $1500 refund. We will c!

What I want to know is how can we all get together and get all of our paid monies back?
Does consumer affairs know about this main & company?

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I'm no Lawyer, but I would say if there is enough of you guys, you could go ASCP with a "Class Action".

There maybe someone here that can supply some more info on what's involved.

I don't know if VCAT is a possible direction to go, but I would say it wouldn't hurt to ask them the question.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Using a lawyer to chase only $1500 each?  I wouldn't bother.  The co will go broke before you can get a judgement and you will be way down the list of creditors. 

I would just keep ringing but start getting used to the idea of not seeing a cent.  Be happy if all your financial upsets in life are as small as this.