Offline carmooch

• Name: George
As I'm sure most of you know, there is a private race track on the NSW Central Coast which was once owned by a very private CEO.

What I didn't realise was that this track is apparently now almost "open to the public" to book private track days of no more than 12 people at a time. I also recently read that a video game company had held its press launch there!

So what's the deal with it now? Who handles the bookings for track days?

In my searching I also came across this video of a guy in the US who is currently building his own private race track and makes mention of the track here in Australia.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyRE1ujEoAA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyRE1ujEoAA</a>

Offline hydie

The owners certainly have changed their tune.

There used to be an indepth thread on Skylines Australia about "The Farm", and it was closely watched by DW's son, and in some posts I remember he wasn't to happy with it being talked about.

And remember, it is officially a 'private access road'.

Also,
Image: Central Coast Private Track Available for Hire?

;)

Offline carmooch

My thoughts exactly. I knew it was all very hush-hush so it was a surprise to see that it was being hired out for press events now!

That photo is spectacular! Any chance you have a hi-res version? Would love to throw that onto my desktop here at work. :)

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
I dont blame the old Coke CEO.....If I wasnt too late when I tried to buy Wakefield Pk last time it was for sale Id have turned it into a private track just to piss people off  :p

Offline hydie

My thoughts exactly. I knew it was all very hush-hush so it was a surprise to see that it was being hired out for press events now!

That photo is spectacular! Any chance you have a hi-res version? Would love to throw that onto my desktop here at work. :)
Photographer was - Chris Benny Images.

Also, IIRC there was a track day organised by Super Car Club (Jameszilla), there are some photos on here somewhere (I remember the photos had to get approved before publishing - Cel might of been the photographer?).

Offline dkabab

Photographer was - Chris Benny Images.

Also, IIRC there was a track day organised by Super Car Club (Jameszilla), there are some photos on here somewhere (I remember the photos had to get approved before publishing - Cel might of been the photographer?).

its in the super top secret section though.....

Offline a.taylor

I have a memory of a colleague telling me about a Lamborghini product launch (or some such) there 18 months or so ago. I'll have to ask him about it next time I see him to confirm if it was indeed this track.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
There used to be an indepth thread on Skylines Australia about "The Farm", and it was closely watched by DW's son, and in some posts I remember he wasn't to happy with it being talked about.

Yeah, it had to be buried here after getting a bit too visible.

Offline carmooch

That photo was from an article written only 10 days ago or so! Looks like a lot has changed for that 'private road' in a very short space of time. EDIT: Sorry it was from October last year, my mistake...

http://chrisbennyimaging.com/2010/10/backyard-heaven/

PS. Shame there aren't any hi-res pics, he is one seriously gifted photographer!

Offline Paulstar

I have a hi res image of one of the straights on my personal computer @ home i'll see if i can dig it up, this is from years ago too. Supposedly someone died on the track, hence why it was closed down and not used?

These guy's do days 'daze' at 'the farm' scroll down on the very same page that you land one 'The Farm Daze'

http://www.circuitbreakers.com.au/