Offline M308

• Degranged

Don't forget to invite me *ahem*

:scratchchin:................................................................................ :thumbsup: :p

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Tried letting tires down to no avail. Run flat tyres have really stiff sidewalls that would not deform/deflate.

Aaaah ok, I didnt realise they had run flats, not really gonna help at all. I used to unbog a lot of people when I had my Landcruiser. The new, used Courier 4x4 feels very similar, might be time to buy some new straps and shackles.

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
I'll take to you down to Salt Creek in the Prado next time we go Mulloway/Salmon fishing......you'll love it :mischief:
Lol Scott! I promise to sit in the car and not get my hands and shoes muddy/dirty should we get bogged!! ;-)

Offline M308

• Degranged

Lol Scott! I promise to sit in the car and not get my hands and shoes muddy/dirty should we get bogged!! ;-)

:D

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Think this'll make front-page news?

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/speeding-driver-loses-licence-fined-700/story-e6frea83-1226219273707

Ah, nope, it's just a Honda Accord going 50kph faster than the Ferrari last week... Outrageous. :rolleyes:

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/speeding-driver-loses-licence-fined-700/story-e6frea83-1226219273707

Ah, nope, it's just a Honda Accord going 50kph faster than the Ferrari last week... Outrageous. :rolleyes:

saw this - where's Bryan our resident advertiser reporter to get a witch hunt started to find the bloke and get him to explain why he had to go so fast - the public have a right to know!!!

and why did the honda not get impounded and the ferrari did?

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
I wondered if the Ferrari owner will get a $700 fine ....... or more?

Offline CortinaD

That is a good bit of road if you are heading north after the last side street turn off. There is no speed sign before the end of the road when there should be one to tell you to slow down to 60kmh right before the sweeping lefty IMO so at 80kmh it is an excellent off camber corner.

Offline TomE

Police investigating rising tennis star Bernard Tomic over a string of dangerous driving complaints

Rising tennis star Bernard Tomic, who has a fondness for luxury sports cars, is under police investigation after a string of dangerous driving complaints.

Police sources said the distinctive bright orange BMW M3 was reported for "hooning offences".

The 19-year-old was intercepted by police in Elkorn Ave, Surfers Paradise, on Sunday night. No tickets were issued but the investigation is ongoing.

Tomic is still on his P-plate licence and had to apply for a special exemption to drive the eight-cylinder luxury sports car, worth an estimated $150,000.

The exemption was granted for him to drive directly to and from tennis training at the Queen St courts, Southport.

Police will now investigate the tennis star for the dangerous driving allegations and for breaching the special conditions of his licence.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/tennis/police-investigating-rising-tennis-star-bernard-tomic-over-a-string-of-dangerous-driving-complaints/story-e6frf4mu-1226220808329

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
http://theage.drive.com.au/motor-news/supercars-hoon-loses-licence--and-ferrari-20120614-20bbz.html

Supercars hoon loses licence - and Ferrari

A Melbourne-based V8 Supercars driver has lost his licence for a year after being clocked at 186 kilometres per hour on a Victorian freeway.

And to further puncture speed demon Tony Bates' tyres, his $500,000 Ferrari 458 Italia coupe has been impounded for another 30 days.

The car was impounded on the night of the offence in October after he was detected speeding in a 100km/h zone on the Calder Freeway.

But a magistrate yesterday granted a police application for a further impounding as the minimum period at such speed is 45 days.

Bates, 42, pleaded guilty in Sunshine Magistrates Court this month to a charge of exceeding the speed limit by more than 70km/h.

Magistrate Martin Grinberg suspended his licence for 12 months the minimum loss of licence and convicted and fined him $1200.

Prosecutor Senior Constable Lindsay Riley yesterday told another magistrate the charge was a tier-one offence under the Road Safety act that carried a minimum impounding period of 45 days.

Defence lawyer Leon Luxman told magistrate Andrew McKenna that Bates was in the process of trying to sell the car.

Bates, of Essendon, was ordered to surrender the Ferrari to police by June 20.

According to a Supercars profile, he was a rookie in 2008 and has had three seasons behind the wheel of a Commodore VE.