Offline cjay

The 500 is a bit like the Tardis :) And they are a great car.

Gavin Green sums it up http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Community/Car-Magazines-Blogs/Gavin-Green-Blog2/Gavin-Green-ponders-the-new-world-order/

I can't wait for the Abarth, it will be a hoot  :thumbsup:

Have you got any pics on the ring? the Fiat forum guys would love it :)

You are right, cjay.  When I saw the 500 in the line up at Avis, I grabbed it, 1.2 and all. 

It's a great car - it feels much bigger on the road than it looks, don't you think?

BTW, as I was leaving the 'Ring, a guy wondered over and gave me his card.  I guess he remembered me - out of a hundred or more cars there, mine was the only Fiat 500.  :o

Anyway, he said he got some good pics of my runs - here's his site.

http://frozenspeed.com/

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Many of us are still left wondering why mhh would rent a car he could just buy and leave at the 'ring when bored of it - perhaps I can shed some light (until he comes back on to tell the truth :p )...

After many years of being unfulfilled by modern supercars he saw me thoroughly enjoying my X1/9, but being the pioneering fella that he is didn't want to copy me and so had his heart set on the Bambino!  Well - last year he test drove one with a view to buy, however he came back from the test drive saying "it's shit".

Not sure if that clears up his motivations for you - if not who cares. :p

Offline SiFi

• Navigator/Serial Killer

Ha ha well done! Looks like it would have been great fun whilst it lasted, and a good fun choice of car too!

Offline S4Simon

• The Rubber King of Adelaide

• Drives: Something a metre high
Just imagine if they opened up Mt Panorama.  :scratchchin:
I've been rich & I've been poor...

Rich is better

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Have you got any pics on the ring? the Fiat forum guys would love it :)

No, I was too busy keeping the Fiat upright and for some reason I spent a lot of time watching my mirrors.   :eek:

Many of us are still left wondering why mhh would rent a car he could just buy and leave at the 'ring when bored of it - perhaps I can shed some light (until he comes back on to tell the truth :p )...

Well, if I ever drove there again, it wouldn't be on a sunny Sunday.  WAY too much traffic to be safe.  I don't know how Sabine can stand it - all the idiots out there.  There isn't any safety briefing - you just turn up and pay your money and you are on the track - madness.  The (serious, possibly fatal) prang that I witnessed was because someone wasn't looking out for yellows, or ignored them.

I don't know about keeping a car for the 'Ring but keeping one in Europe would be the go if you had the money - which I don't.  Today I was fantasising about how good it would be having a 911 locked away somewhere.  You don't need the 'Ring - just the secondary roads of Germany would keep you happy - they are smooth as glass and perfectly engineered.  Motoring heaven.  :thumbsup:

Coming back from Nurburgring yesterday arvo, I was passed by a 911 and 3 hot BMWs - they were going 250km/h or more and were practically touching bumpers - in a 100km/h zone.  Not too safety conscious, the Krauts.  No wonder there is a  sign as you enter France in German reminding them that there is no autobahn in France.

Offline Rat Boy

• 1158 : 143

You are right, cjay.  When I saw the 500 in the line up at Avis, I grabbed it, 1.2 and all. 

It's a great car - it feels much bigger on the road than it looks, don't you think?

BTW, as I was leaving the 'Ring, a guy wondered over and gave me his card.  I guess he remembered me - out of a hundred or more cars there, mine was the only Fiat 500.  :o

Anyway, he said he got some good pics of my runs - here's his site.

http://frozenspeed.com/

That'd be Jochen. Brilliant photographer... :thumbsup: Know him too.  :D
Cheers>>Jack

If you're not wasted, the day is.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Here you go - look at the concentration on my face.  :D

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Here's a bit bigger versions (let me know if the photographer specifically denied permission to post larger versions online)

Looks like a leisurely drive through the countryside  :drive:

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
No wonder you had to concentrate... they've gone and put the steering wheel on the wrong side of the car. :doh:

Offline S4Simon

• The Rubber King of Adelaide

• Drives: Something a metre high
I'm sure we could doctor the photos to get at least 2 wheels off the ground.  :scratchchin:
I've been rich & I've been poor...

Rich is better