Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
But how much did the black duck pay to get free electricity?

After the payback period of course, so that's about 14 years worth of free electricity over the estimated system life. Between work and home that puts me about $420k in front in todays dollars, at todays electricity prices. Then there are the fuel savings from running an EV vehicle fleet.

Lots of win happening  :thumbsup:

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

You can't say that anymore.  ;)

Yes, I forgot racial stereotyping is out :D

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

Thoughts?

https://www.pluglesspower.com/shop/reserve-tesla-model-s/

Does convenience outweigh speed?

Not for me anyway. If you are too lazy or too forgetful to plug the car in then you have real problems IMO.
My triple phase home charging stations have a charge rate of 103km per hour so I can recharge my P85D from completely empty (on solar generated/stored power) in circa 4hrs.

FWIW, I've put a lot of thought into my home charging set up based on my experience of running a large solar/battery storage system and my Model S for the past 18mths. I have two three phase chargers and one single phase charger spread strategically across the garage so I can charge either the Model X and/or the Model S from any parking spot using either single or triple phase stations.
If I want a top up charge overnight using stored solar generated energy, I just plug it into the single phase unit and it chugs along overnight at 33km per hour until it is recharged. The energy draw is low enough (about 7kw/h) that it doesn't draw on grid power and all energy is drawn from the systems 48kw of battery storage. If I want a rapid charge during the day I use the 3 phase units which draw at circa 21kw. During the day the 20kw solar array combined with the 48kw of battery storage generates enough energy to recharge the Tesla without drawing on grid power.

If anybody is thinking of running multiple EV's and charging stations like this you need to have a gun sparky to set it up correctly. Unless you set up "load sharing" on the chargers you will pop the main house fuse immediately. It's not as straight forward as you might think, or Tesla tells you.

Offline blackr35

That's an impressive system! It might just need an automatic charging component for female Tesla users 8-)

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Offline Fortis

• 300kph+ club

Not for me anyway. If you are too lazy or too forgetful to plug the car in then you have real problems IMO.
My triple phase home charging stations have a charge rate of 103km per hour so I can recharge my P85D from completely empty (on solar generated/stored power) in circa 4hrs.

FWIW, I've put a lot of thought into my home charging set up based on my experience of running a large solar/battery storage system and my Model S for the past 18mths. I have two three phase chargers and one single phase charger spread strategically across the garage so I can charge either the Model X and/or the Model S from any parking spot using either single or triple phase stations.
If I want a top up charge overnight using stored solar generated energy, I just plug it into the single phase unit and it chugs along overnight at 33km per hour until it is recharged. The energy draw is low enough (about 7kw/h) that it doesn't draw on grid power and all energy is drawn from the systems 48kw of battery storage. If I want a rapid charge during the day I use the 3 phase units which draw at circa 21kw. During the day the 20kw solar array combined with the 48kw of battery storage generates enough energy to recharge the Tesla without drawing on grid power.

If anybody is thinking of running multiple EV's and charging stations like this you need to have a gun sparky to set it up correctly. Unless you set up "load sharing" on the chargers you will pop the main house fuse immediately. It's not as straight forward as you might think, or Tesla tells you.

Can I ask you few questions, please don't answer if you don't want to

1. how much was you energy bill prior installing your system?
2. cost of the system
3. number of panels on the roof
4. the weight of the panels
5. size in sqm.
6. size of room required for the batteries in sqm
7. total monthly return of your system
8. monthly maintenance cost incurred
9. payback period

Thank you in advance, feel free to take your time or not answer if you don't feel comfortable with some of the questions

:thumbsup:

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

Can I ask you few questions, please don't answer if you don't want to

1. how much was you energy bill prior installing your system?
2. cost of the system
3. number of panels on the roof
4. the weight of the panels
5. size in sqm.
6. size of room required for the batteries in sqm
7. total monthly return of your system
8. monthly maintenance cost incurred
9. payback period

Thank you in advance, feel free to take your time or not answer if you don't feel comfortable with some of the questions

:thumbsup:

It will take me a while to put a decent response together as I have a bit on this week. I'll PM you in due course:)

Offline Fortis

• 300kph+ club

Thank you, please take your time no rush.