Offline Mario

• Sponsor: Eurogloss Prestige

• Name: Polish Doctor
Hi all,

This Alfa was done the same day I returned from my Maserati paint correction detail ( with only two hours sleep )

This Alfa was in for a paint overspray removal which was caused by my clients next door neighbour who had a field day with his spray painting gun , trying to paint his whole house on a windy day :doh: :doh: :mad:

My client warned him of the dangers of spray painting his house that day with windy conditions .
He completely ignored him, the following day when my client drove off he couldn't help but notice white specks of paint which were all over his Jet Black Alfa Romeo he was furious :gnasher: :irked:

What total moron ignores this warning when you know well enough that spray painting your house on a windy day is a no,no.

The best is yet to come .Not only did his car get covered in paint overspray but his kitchen windows and most of his house as well . He will be in for a big repair bill including my own !

My client rang me that day and wanted me to inspect his car which I did, I told him that this was going to be a big and costly job ( from three to four days !) He said not a problem write out a quote so I can forward it to my next door neighbour who will present it to his Insurance Company !

To cut a long story short I got paid for the hours spent on his car with no second quotes . He made it clear to his neighbour that he wanted the job done well and not a cheap alternative ,he insisted you screwed up now pay up ! So I was hired to do the job .

Paint Overspray Removal, followed by extensive paint correction, and then the application of two coats of Optimum Opti-Coat as he previously had some form of protection from the previous dealer when he bought it new .

So here we go

Day one , my intention was to spent a whole day removing this overspray from the paint and other areas of the car but since I had come back from my Maserati job and two hours sleep I managed to get four hours at best because I was totally exhausted and went home strait to bed . I slept for more than 10 hours strait !

Back on topic !

Note how much overspray are on the rear window and the paint

Day 1

Image: Alfa Romeo GT 100th Year Annivesary ( Jet Black )

This is what I used to remove paint overspray polymer clay block which acts like a clay bar except that it removes these sort of problems much quicker and easier . It only worked for a limited period of time as it was already over saturated with other contaminants from previous jobs

I threw it in the bin and started using the most aggressive purple clay from Chemical Guys which did absolutely nothing not only was this proving to be a more difficult job than I expected but it was frustrating me to no end !

In the end I started using an all purpose thinners which are much safer to use than your more aggressive thinners for automotive paint .

This proved to work very well the paint blobs proved to be much harder to remove and these thinners were the fastest solution at hand .

Day two ,

Paint Correction 50/50 shot
Close up of orange peel  :doh: :thumbsdown:

Day Three paint correction in progress !

Day Four

Two Coats of Optimum, Opti-Coat was applied to the whole car , paint , glass , aluminium, wheels , trims !

And here are the end results of over 35 hours of work and OPTI-COAT !

Please enjoy !

The owner is standing on my left hand side admiring my finished work !

Thanks for reading I hope you enjoyed this write up!

Best Regards

Mario :)

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.

Offline eddievanhalen

• Drives: 2010 jaguar xkr
Hey Mario -  looks great.

When you refer to "orange peel" is that just a crappy original paint job from Alfa - presumably air getting into the paint as it is applied??

And how did you rectify that - wet sanding?

Cheers.

Offline Mario

Offline Mario

Hey Mario -  looks great.

When you refer to "orange peel" is that just a crappy original paint job from Alfa - presumably air getting into the paint as it is applied??

And how did you rectify that - wet sanding?

Cheers.

Thanks Eddievanhalen  :thumbsup:

Orange peel is something that a lot of cars suffer BMW is one of them Alfa Romeo is another car company that loves it  :thumbsdown:

To overcome this problem on would have to wet sand the paint to remove the orange peel in the case of this Alfa Romeo I didn't attempt it paint to thin !
Unlike BMW that has thicker paint, then I would definitely try it on a BMW especially the top end models like M3, M5, and 7series all have much thicker paint compared to the 3series and 1series !

Best Regards

Offline Last_Ride

• Drives: a thing with 4 wheels
  • Name: call me habib

Offline cel

Offline Mario

Offline Mario

Excellent, end result is stunning as always!

Thanks Marcel,

I am glad that you like it as well  :thumbsup:
Haven't had any jobs booked for Sydney at this stage but as you know all this can change !

Best Regards

Offline Joel@ZAS

I only just saw this thread Mario. Awesome work there. I wish you would buy yourself a DSLR so we can really see the quality of your work!