Offline Mario

• Sponsor: Eurogloss Prestige

• Name: Polish Doctor
This Ferrari was detailed in February this year , i would like to share with you guys the two day detail with a step by step write up and photos . Enjoy !

This Ferrari was done over a two day period ( Monday 19th and Tuesday 20th) 20 hours spent !
With a scorching 38C Melbourne weather and very windy dry heat ( Monday ) and 41.5C and humid on ( Tuesday )again very windy which make this job very difficult ! Sorry guy's don't mean to rub it in !

Products drying out very quickly and loading up on the pads !

Owner wanted a full detail and yes it really needed it ! For an 18 year car the gloss was still very good , previous owner had neglected this car and it really showed plus front bonnet and two front fenders were resprayed hence the clear over these areas of the car .

I was using my trusty Lake Country System 2000 Pad Washer on every panel that i polished on this Ferrari . That's why the Pads were running smoothly over the paint i didn't give them a chance to load up . I washed them strait away and it made a huge difference in the polishing !

Once a Pad loads up it reduces the polishing performance and that's when you will generate swirls on the paint . As opposed to a clean fresh pad that's been washed !

The rest was single stage paint ( Non clear coated ) was reasonable soft except the three areas that were mentioned before .

80% of this Ferrari was resprayed !

The engine bay was one of those areas were it was the most neglected here are some Before 's

Image: Ferrari 348 TS Rosso Corsa

After , washed down with pressure washer turned off and AutoGlym PM3 Traffic Film Remover (Multi Purpose Cleaner) ratio 50:50, distributor caps were covered with clear film to avoid condensation and water from getting in ! A Painters Decorators Brush was used to loosen dirt !
It took me the best of one hour to clean the engine bay and it still wasn't 100% , i guess 95% is better than nothing ! Final stage i used Aero Space 303 Protectant in all engine compartments
!

Next in line was the interior which needed a good vacuum no carpet shampooing as it was in reasonable good condition with the odd stain here and there . I used the Meguiar's Quick Out Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner in a Spray Can which foams up nicely you then agitate it with a brush or a microfibre cloth and it removes the stains very well .

Leather was cleaned and treated with Sonax Leather Lotion ( which cleans and protects in one step) here is the finished job ! Sorry no befores ! :doh:

Car was then clayed down and taped with 3M Blue Painters Masking Tape and some other Masking Tape which i had !

On with the correction : Menzerna PO 85 RD 3.01 was used with a Lake Country Foamed Wool Pad ( Purple ) with Rotary two passes were necessary to remove some deep scratches which were caused by incorrect washing technique ! Then Flex 3401 and PO 106 FF on Green CCS 6.5 Buffing Pads

From this

To this

Image: Ferrari 348 TS Rosso Corsa50/50

50/50 Shot of the right hand side rear fende
r

To this

Reflection shots

LSP ( Last Service Product ) that means paint protection , one coat of  P21 S 100% Carnauba Concourse Wax was applied to get that mirror finish and a warm gloss which can only be obtained with Carnauba Waxes !

I hope you enjoy the write up as much as i enjoyed detailing this beautiful sports classic !

Thanks for reading

Regards

Mario

Offline dkabab

Nice work!!! Probably added 5-10k on the cars value!

Offline futurism

• Drives: Porsche 911 996 GT3
  • Name: David
im about to apply aerospace 303 to the dash of my car (which is made out of cheap plastic)
everyone raves about this product, people in texas withe lotus elises claim its the only thing that prevents 'outgassing' which im suffering from a bit now

do I just wipe it on with a cloth and leave it there to dry?

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

im about to apply aerospace 303 to the dash of my car (which is made out of cheap plastic)
everyone raves about this product, people in texas withe lotus elises claim its the only thing that prevents 'outgassing' which im suffering from a bit now

do I just wipe it on with a cloth and leave it there to dry?

OK, everybody has their own opinions but this is mine.

I never use products on interior plastics - good old Vaseline is all that I use.

It brings the plastics up like new and protects them as well. A lot of products have stuff(technical term) in them that do more harm then good. 

But others may have different ideas.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Don't you just love polishing Single stage Red paint??

Makes a lovely mess.    :boggled:

Offline Mario

• Sponsor: Eurogloss Prestige

• Name: Polish Doctor
Don't you just love polishing Single stage Red paint??

Makes a lovely mess.    :boggled:

I have polished quite a number of Ferraris with single stage paint and yes they do make a real mess !
As you know John you are removing paint and not clear , which makes the buffing pads turn red  :waah: :thumbsdown: :boggled:

Regards

Mario

Offline futurism

• Drives: Porsche 911 996 GT3
  • Name: David

OK, everybody has their own opinions but this is mine.

I never use products on interior plastics - good old Vaseline is all that I use.

It brings the plastics up like new and protects them as well. A lot of products have stuff(technical term) in them that do more harm then good. 

But others may have different ideas.

Im wanting to use it to stop it from melting and to stop outgassing. The lotus plastics turn into something that looks like grilled cheese if you park your car in the sun a few times.

The aerospace 303 stuff is supposed to be the best sunscreen for plastic there is, but who knows, could be all hype

Offline Pazzo Canguro

• COFFEE AND CARS...What more is their? Oh Women!!

Mario..mate..one word.....BRAVO....nice work mate....i can see where the 20 hours went in.
The owner should be smiling from ear to ear...

Also thanks for explaining the products and what they do....
 :thumbsup:

Offline domino

• doing it topless

• Drives: on E85
job well done

ive seen the car in the flesh often and happy to report it's still looking good

glad to have recommended the job to you Mario

re plastics, ive been using Einszett Cockpit Premium with an MF towel (no water) for over a year now with great success - leaves the plastics matt, and although there is a chemical smell upon initial application, it fades within a few minutes

Offline cjay

Im wanting to use it to stop it from melting and to stop outgassing. The lotus plastics turn into something that looks like grilled cheese if you park your car in the sun a few times.

The aerospace 303 stuff is supposed to be the best sunscreen for plastic there is, but who knows, could be all hype

the dash on your europa is a bit different to the earlier elise and exige dashes that turn into grilled cheese. i think you will find that yours will be ok in the sun.