Linked Events

• October 15-24 - NSW - Sydney Motor Show: Fri, 15 Oct, 2010 - Sat, 23 Oct, 2010

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
http://www.motorshow.com.au/

MOTOR SHOW ALREADY OVERSUBSCRIBED

The 2010 Australian International Motor Show (AIMS) is already oversubscribed, with high demand for space from Australia’s leading car companies.

The show will be held at the Sydney Convention and Exhibition Centre in Darling Harbour from 15-24 October.

AIMS will be the first major motor show in Australia since the Melbourne event in March 2009 and the first in Sydney for two years.

AIMS director Russ Tyrie said support for this year’s show has been so strong that he and his team have had a tough task meeting each brand’s request for floor space.

“This will be one of the best-supported shows on record and is a real boost for the automotive industry,” said Mr Tyrie.

“Everyone on the AIMS committee is gratified with the overwhelming confidence and support the industry has shown in wanting to make this the best show possible.

“Major motor shows around the world have taken a battering in recent years, with many major brands choosing not to exhibit, so we are really proud that our local industry has shown such strong support.

“It is true we are slightly oversubscribed on space, but it is a nice problem to have and we are working well with all the brands to try and meet their particular requirements.”

Mr Tyrie confirmed he was in the final stages of discussions with a handful of brands and said the show’s full exhibitor line-up would be announced in the near future.

“The response we have had from the brands highlights how well the industry is recovering and confirms AIMS as the premier motor show in the southern hemisphere,” Mr Tyrie said.

AIMS has also launched its official website – www.motorshow.com.au – which will be updated regularly in the lead-up to the show.

The 2010 show will be the first under a new joint-venture between the Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries (FCAI) and the Victorian Automobile Chamber of Commerce

Offline deangpsx8

• I Am Legend
  • I am legend in my own lunchbox

• Drives: Everyone Crazy
  • Name: Dean
  • www: Intellitrac.com.au
See what happens when it only comes around once every 2 years.

It's all about supply and demand
Persistence Beats Resistance

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

http://www.motorshow.com.au/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=p_MgBeow6V8%3d&tabid=40&mid=381

EARLY BIRD TICKET OFFER FOR MOTOR SHOW

Tickets for this year’s Australian International Motor Show (AIMS) are now on sale via the show’s website.

Visitors can take advantage of an early bird discount until the week before the show opens.

Discounts are being offered on adult, child, concession and family tickets purchased online at www.motorshow.com.au between now and Friday, 8 October.

The early bird discount drops the price of a family ticket (two adults and three children aged five to 15) from $45 to $38.25.

AIMS director Russ Tyrie is encouraging show-goers to pre-purchase tickets online.

“The early bird offer for online tickets is a great way for people coming to the show to save extra dollars,” Mr Tyrie said.

“Online ticketing also makes access to the show faster. It’s a great help to families because they can avoid queuing at ticket booths with their children.”

Other early bird offerings mean adults can pay $17 instead of $20, and children (aged five to 15) will pay just $8.50.

Children under five are allowed free entry at any time.

Visitors eligible for a concession ticket will pay $12.75 instead of the normal $15 when they access the early bird offer.

This year’s motor show has received strong support from the car industry and will play host to many first-time model releases from around the world.

Range Rover has already confirmed AIMS will host the Southern Hemisphere debut for its new Evoque SUV.
Early bird tickets can be purchased via the official AIMS website, where visitors can also get all the information they need on the show.

The Australian International Motor Show will be held at the Sydney Convention and Exhibition Centre in Darling Harbour from 15-24 October.

Keep up to date at www.motorshow.com.au.

Offline AdminAG

• All the news that fits to pixels

• Drives: Traffic
AIMS launches iPhone app

http://www.motorshow.com.au/

The Australian International Motor Show starts next week and to help visitors get ready organisers have released a new iPhone app. Event director, Russ Tyrie says, “The ability to pre-purchase tickets using your mobile phone is a great convenience, and the ‘what’s on’ calendar means people can time their visit to coincide with their individual interests.

Source: http://www.ausmotive.com/2010/10/09/aims-launches-iphone-app.html

“Some of our younger users will enjoy the fun driving game on the app. I’m sure they’ll be keen to see if they can beat the top score.”

The app is free and can be downloaded now. Overall, it’s not a bad effort for a first attempt, but there is room for improvement.

iPhone®* users will have an easier time navigating their way through this year’s Australian International Motor Show (AIMS) thanks to a free app containing a virtual guide to this year’s show.

The AIMS app can be downloaded directly from the show’s official website – www.motorshow.com.au – and is also available through Apple’s App Store by searching: ‘Australian International Motor Show 2010′.

Once downloaded, the app provides show patrons with an interactive floor plan along with a full list of exhibiting brands and a ‘what’s on’ list.

AIMS app users can also purchase tickets through the program.

Tickets can be downloaded direct to the app user’s mobile phone. A digital barcode can be scanned to gain entry to the show at the Sydney Convention and Exhibition Centre.

The app also features a fun driving game where users can post their high scores online to see how they fare against fellow show-goers.

AIMS director Russ Tyrie, an iPhone user himself, says the app will complement the traditional print edition of the motor show guide.

“The AIMS app is a great way for iPhone users to navigate easily around the show and have a bit of fun while they are at it,” Mr Tyrie said.

“The ability to pre-purchase tickets using your mobile phone is a great convenience, and the ‘what’s on’ calendar means people can time their visit to coincide with their individual interests.

“Some of our younger users will enjoy the fun driving game on the app. I’m sure they’ll be keen to see if they can beat the top score.”

The Australian International Motor Show opens next week at the Sydney Convention and Exhibition Centre in Darling Harbour.

Doors open to the public at 5pm on Friday, 15 October and the show runs until 6pm on Sunday, 24 October.

Hello :)

Offline hydie

I'll be checking this out, only because i'll be there in Sydney for other reasons, and to be honest, i'm not expecting it to be anything spectacular.

Will take plenty of photos though.

Offline Mr Enzo

Yeah where is Ferrari and BM ?

Batti il ferro quando è caldo.
Strike when the iron is hot.

Offline cel

I'm going Friday morning for the releases, hopefully I'll have enough time to get everything before work

Offline DL599

• nee Melbourne Exotics

• Name: Damon
ferrari and porsche were no shows at the last motorshow in melbourne
if your car feels safe, your not going fast enough