Linked Events

• October 15-24 - NSW - Sydney Motor Show: Fri, 15 Oct, 2010 - Sat, 23 Oct, 2010

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
I think the Merc looks pretty much, nothing special.
It totally does nothing for me and im really surprised anyone would go ooo aah over it except for its power........
The whole car looks really plain, not exotic at all...Compare it to the white Lambo convert and you wouldnt even look twice at it..... the doors are the only interesting feature of the body.
The front end reminds me of a 260z  crossed with a 370 with a Merc grill. The rear end reminds me of a Honda S2000 looking back at the rear quarters and then add in some out of place gull wing doors.

It would be cooler if it was a S2000 with a body kit and had all that power.

Offline fivesix

Was the red SLS in appearance that was spotted before the show, or did they wrap it there?
Basically I am asking if its a factory job?

Offline fivesix

This one... I just havn't seen any more photos of the red one on any forums or news sites...

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I like that, beats the hell out of freeking silver for a change :thumbsup:

Offline adam01

I think that matt black would show scuff Marks and grease marks, everything, I don't think it would work in real life.

matt/satin was a gunmetal grey- had a chat to the stand jockey who claimed to have put the concept together thru computer imaging backwards & fwds with AMG. Asked about the paint work, warranty no different to normal, was treated with special clear, MB claim cleans up fine. Scuffs etc cannot use regular polishes as it would obviously "brighten". Interstingly, paint work held finger prints (similar to a stainless steel on fridges) for considerably longer than gloss coatings.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

matt/satin was a gunmetal grey- had a chat to the stand jockey who claimed to have put the concept together thru computer imaging backwards & fwds with AMG. Asked about the paint work, warranty no different to normal, was treated with special clear, MB claim cleans up fine. Scuffs etc cannot use regular polishes as it would obviously "brighten". Interstingly, paint work held finger prints (similar to a stainless steel on fridges) for considerably longer than gloss coatings.

Finger prints = grease marks, perspiration etc

I think it's interesting for show but I wouldn't have it on a road car.

Offline AussieSpotter

• I like fast cars

They need to open the show up to tuning companies as well. It would be more interesting

Offline SPEEDCORE

• Forum Virus
  • Product Not Yet Rated

I went on Friday night. The Orange C63 looks more orange in my pics :o Now seeing them in the day light it doesn't look as good...

I asked the dude at the stand about it. He said it's 1 of 4 Orange ones worldwide. 3 went to some crazy owner in Germany? and this one was made just for Merc Oz.

Offline SPEEDCORE

• Forum Virus
  • Product Not Yet Rated

Here are the rest of my pics. http://www.coresworld.net/SydMotorShow10/

I didn't take many pics, the green lambo is the clear favourite :D if only the Superleggera model was in green.

Offline a.taylor

I didn't take many pics, the green lambo is the clear favourite :D if only the Superleggera model was in green.

+1 I agree on the both fronts. The colours really should have been around the other way.