Online allanuber

• Name: Al
Any info I can get on driving there would be much appreciated...

Uber's just started rebuilding the Broken Hill site (www.brokenhillaustralia.com.au), with content pages launching last week and integration of booking etc in the next month or so.

One thing we're planning is a trip there in a supercar (either a Ferrari, an Ultima or both!) as the people we're working there are fantastic and they're generally excited about nerds rocking up in flaming vehicles.

Trip would likely be in July - any advice, stories or other anecdotes appreciated.
C'mon, do it!

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

why not organise an SA meets Vic at the Hill trip  ( if NT doesnt happen?)

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

why not organise an SA meets Vic at the Hill trip  ( if NT doesnt happen?)

Uber's from NSW but yeah. Vics would be welcome of course.   :thumbsup: 

I've never been the The Hill and I'd like to see it. It's an afternoon's drive, isn't it? We could do it in 2 days with a dinner there in the middle. 

I'd regard it as a extra trip to the NT rather than a replacement though....:D

Re a SA/Vic get together, the Coonawarra or the Grampians are probably best.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

I've been to the Hill a couple of times, it's a nice place to visit and a nice drive.

just need to watch out for cops between the town and the airport -  wish someone warned me about that before

Offline Steve.

• Drives: AMG.
  • Name: Steve
I've never been the The Hill and I'd like to see it. It's an afternoon's drive, isn't it? We could do it in 2 days with a dinner there in the middle. 

It's around 500km. Best to begin mid morning so as to avoid kamikaze wildlife.

I haven't been there in a while, but from memory the best accommodation is in cabins outside town and the best food option is atop the slag heap. Doesn't sound too appealing but the food is good.

My favourite way to get there is a bit longer: through Pinnaroo and Ouyen to Mildura, then up the Silver City Highway.

Offline dkabab

As I read this thread, an ad came on tv for broken hill. This ad placement stuff is creepy!

Offline 98octane

Funny I had planned a roadtrip to Broken Hill last weekend, but it became a 800km return trip down the Great Ocean Road and the Otways.

If you can tolerate a Golf, I'm keen.

Offline bbb

I was lucky enough to get to do a roadtrip out there last year for OptionAuto (french car mag). We had a C63, FPV GT and HSV GTS.....no one looked at the merc at all, it was Holden and Ford all the way. It will be interesting to hear what the locals think of a proper exotic!!

We were determined to get to Broken Hill in one day and arrived in Cobar at about 9pm. We had almost no fuel and all the petrol stations said that they had run out, we didn't know what to do. We eventually worked out they had plenty of 98 octane but people dont usually want it so they just said they were out instead!!
We continued the last leg from Cobar to Broken Hill in total darkness with many near misses with Roos, lucky we used the bright yellow HSV as our RooShoo and it all went fine!

The roads were great out there if you like long and straight, we had a blast!!

Offline Joel

Show n shine in broken hill raise some money for a local charity? Reviews for for the site from the AE guys. Great chance for all 3 states to cath up. Photog guys can take some snap shots for the site.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Sounds like a plan may be coming together